1997 Challenger 1800... Sell or Part Out?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davet6740

I’ve been working on my Challenger for a couple years now and still haven’t gotten her running well. I’m trying to decide if I should part the thing out or try selling, maybe to a repair shop that parts me out. Any insight? Both top ends were rebuilt last year. Replaced bad electronics with 2 MSD ignition controllers. Plan was to rebuild the carbs and replace the fuel lines this year and give it one last shot, but decided to just shop around for a new boat.
Any thoughts?

Well, I don’t think you you have provided enough info to make an informed decision. pictures might give us a better idea of what you have there. It sounds like one way or another you are going to take it in the wallet with this boat.

assuming that the carbs have never been rebuilt under your stewardship, i don't think you could ever expect it to run correctly without doing so.

if you sell this to your repair shop, you will be lucky if they offer you 1500.00 for it.

probably your best bet would be to sell it on craigslist or marketplace to someone willing to buy a project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back