1996xp with 787 carb. Converting to 787rfi

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pivotworx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Ok this started with a nice 787xp that was a one owner yada yada. I picked up very cheap as engine would not start.... (stripped rotary valve) engine was just wore out but was a very well kept ski. Sooooo I found a 99spx 787rfi. How cool would it be to have a fuel injected 787xp???? So I removed all components from donor and have everything on a table to bench test. I'm pretty savvy on skis and from looking... I need to change out all wiring obviously, put fuel tank pump etc. The only thing that has me crossing fingers is the exhaust system. The pipe loops different it runs out on intake side and does not cross over engine. So I can hold the old exhaust to it all and it all looks like it will bolt up. Anyone ever done this or am I asking for trouble. The gas tank will be a challenge but I'm pretty sure I can squeeze it in there. ( might need a heat gun). Please any thoughts or arguments speak up!!!! If not pix to come!!!

Interesting conversion, I always look for rfi skis on the cheap to convert to carbs. So much easier to trouble shoot and dead reliable.

I agree!!!! I got the donor ski for 250 and it has under 100 hours. (Abandon at shop). Needed bottom waterjacket fixed. (Not winterized) I just would like to hear someone doing this!!!! I'm yet to modify ski so if I could find a carb engine I think I would go that route. If u got a carb engine I will swap ya [emoji51]. I would like to see this happen as I have looked and looked and have seen no threads on this. I just think old school clean xp modernized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back