1996 xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckaroo28

Just replaced the solenoid went too hook the battery and I went to start it and nothing so I jumped the solenoid to see of it will turn over and it did....its a brandnew solenoid is the brandnew solenoid bad??

Make sure on your solenoid the 2 red little wires are on the side of the solenoid that is fed by the battery. If they're on the starter side you'll never get anything.

Make sure on your solenoid the 2 red little wires are on the side of the solenoid that is fed by the battery. If they're on the starter side you'll never get anything.
I think I have a bad solenoid cuz wen I jump the 2 post and it want to turn over

Jumping the solenoid doesn't prove much except that the starter and wiring to the starter is good. You need to see if you are getting power to activate the solenoid when you push that start button. I would guess you are not getting power to the solenoid from the front of the ski. Is the beeper working?

No beep ain't working
Jumping the solenoid doesn't prove much except that the starter and wiring to the starter is good. You need to see if you are getting power to activate the solenoid when you push that start button. I would guess you are not getting power to the solenoid from the front of the ski. Is the beeper working?

Please, verify what side the 2 small red wires are on. Battery side of the solenoid or starter side.

So, follow the cable from the battery to the solenoid. There should be 2 small red wires plus the cable from the battery on 1 post. The other post should have one cable that goes to the battery. If the little red wires are on the wrong post/wire you will not function.

So, follow the cable from the battery to the solenoid. There should be 2 small red wires plus the cable from the battery on 1 post. The other post should have one cable that goes to the battery. If the little red wires are on the wrong post/wire you will not function.

Ok yea the red wire that goes to the battery is on left side of post along with a smaller red wire on same post

There are 2 fuses near the solenoid. Then with a digital volt meter check continuity from that one coil post that has all the grounds on it (bottom one) and then out on the ground cable at the battery. If you don't , check the ground under the rubber boot at the top of the could housing. That connector can be prone to corrosion

I have the same issue on my GTX 95. I did a nice ride one month ago, when i want to do the winterization, this weekend, nothing... No sound! I removed the battery to charge it and this morning, no more sound! I jump the solenoide and the engine rotate but no fire on plugs. Do you thing it could be the start/stop button on the kill switch button? It isn’t a programmable leniard...

There are 2 fuses near the solenoid. Then with a digital volt meter check continuity from that one coil post that has all the grounds on it (bottom one) and then out on the ground cable at the battery. If you don't , check the ground under the rubber boot at the top of the could housing. That connector can be prone to corrosion
Thanks man big help! I'll holla if I got anymore question

Thanks man big help! I'll holla if I got anymore question
Question I replaced solenoid.. change all fuses when I start it want to start but the o seen the positive on my battery smoking did I do something wrong it dont want to start clean the plugs I didn't realize until I smelled a burning smell

Need help I replace the solenoid and i had nothing i realized in the front electrical box a fuse was missing not sure which fuse goes there but I put a 30 amp its the fuse that's right next to a black box clean the plugs put them pack in ... and wont turn over to crank I noticed a burning smell come from my positive wire on my battery can anybody help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back