1996 XP Winterization

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

racerxxx

Again this season there seems to be a ton of questions on winterizing. So here is how I did my 96 XP today. This is the same way I do the 787's in my Speedster thread HERE

I had already put Marine Sta-Bil in the gas and sprayed the engine down with Sea-Doo lube.

1. Remove the air box lid ( I want to make sure I get fogging oil in both carbs, and not drop the red tube in the air box)
2. Start engine, raise just off idle and slowly fog the engine moving from left to right across the flame arrestor. I prefer to not choke the engine out right away but I lather the internals really well, then choke it out with the fogging oil.

3. The find the lower drain line from the cylinders and clamp the line

4. Clamp the cooling inlet line, I prefer to use a pair of flat vise-grips

5.Now, I use my flush kit with a quick disconnect for a garden hose, then I put a funnel in it. I also put another flat vise-grip after the flush kit just so the antifreeze is forced to go in to the engine and not out the drain. The factory loop should be high enough but if you get over zealous while pouring the AF in it will spill out the drain.

6. Now slowly pour the antifreeze into the flush kit and it take about a 1/2 gallon to winterize the 787. You will fill it until the antifreeze comes out the tell tale line. No fancy this or that or starting the engine to get the antifreeze in, no pumps, just good old gravity. This entire process takes about 15 to 20 minutes, with removing the battery. After the antifreeze comes out the tell tale I loosen the lower cylinder drain line clamp and allow a little antifreeze to fill that line, then tighten it back up and leave it on for the winter.

7. I remove the clamp from the cooling inlet line and put it AFTER the "T" for the water control valve on the waterbox, then pour in some more antifreeze into the funnel just to dribble a little into the waterbox.

8. Remove your battery and service the jet pump or whatever else you do to service at the end of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Lou! And glad you guys liked it. Just trying to make it easier for guys to get a visual. I fixed some of the typo's.

Not that its incorrect to leave the antifreeze in the system, but there is no reason to. We did need the pictures though...thanks!

Closing this thread...... [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] if you want it re-opened let me know.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back