1996 xp bogging on low rpm but runs fine on high rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
@mikidymac do you know where i can buy a set of needle and seats?
Search for Mikuni part number 786-35018-1.5 or 786-35015-1.5. You can get them from Amazon but make sure it says sold by and ships by Mikuni.

NEEDLE VALVE SQUARE PUMP 1.5
by Mikuni
4.9 out of 5 stars 15 customer reviews

List Price:$21.95 Price:$17.49 FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime& FREE ReturnsYou Save:$4.46 (20%)
Note: Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.
  • Made by Mikuni
  • Mikuni # 786-35015
  • 38-46mm Square Pump Super BN watercraft carbs.
New (15) from $16.65 & FREE shipping.

"If i dont Get it to start and pull the plugs they are wet so i think the cut spring gave it too much fuel so its drowning. Ive always had this problem but the mid - high end is good now."

I doubt cranking the engine would build enough fuel pressure to "pop-off" before engine would start, think about it, if ignition was good somewhere in between dry plugs and wet as you indicate the engine would fire if all other components/systems were functioning as intended, and your choke system doesn't rely on that metering system.

If you still have the no start problem clean the plugs and try again with no choke, if you were using the choke to begin with and got the wet plugs. If still no start before using choke look at plugs to see if wet like before or dry, if dry you might rethink the prior no start was from "flooding with fuel".

follow through with dry plugs and no choke, crank a reasonable enough time that it will start if it's going to start, look at plugs, dry or wet like before?

have the carbs apart and waiting for new needle and seats but i will defently try that if this doesnt fix the problems

If I remember right you said the battery was 12.5, so hook up a charger when you try to start to eliminate it from being a possible problem.

You have the wrong springs if it is popping that low.

You don’t technically “adjust pop off”. You can only use the correct needle and seat size, correct spring and only make very fine adjustments bending the lever one a millimeter each way.

Those are the correct springs so if it’s poping that low it’s either the needle and seats, the lever arm or the lever pin causing it.

Nope, the only things that change pop-off are the needle & seat, spring, arm and pin.

turns out it was a bad seat, as i switched the seat to the old one and left the new needle and it jumped to 20ish psi instead of 14psi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back