1996 SPX - Oil Injection Line Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mem1guy

Premium Member
Premium Member
I am working on a 1996 SPX that has been sitting for awhile but is in excellent shape. I changed all fuel lines, oil lines, selector switch and a new rotary valve. I primed the oil pump line and the small injection lines. All lines were full and oil all the way to the oil injection fitting. After sitting a day or two, i noticed that the PTO side injection line was empty. Do the injection fittings have a check valve? Can you replace the fitting or do you have to replace the rotary valve cover? Any help is appreciated!!

Attachments

• SPX 1.jpg
    SPX 1.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 5
A word of caution before you proceed. :) Be careful "not" to overtighten the bleed scew on the oil pump. With that in mind check the bleed screw for being tight enough to seal. If I remember correctly there should be a copper washer under the bleed screw to help it seal. I've seen pumps without this part. Your problem could be that the bleed screw is not sealed 100%.

The fittings that feed the oil into the intake are check valves so they should hold a minimum amount of pressure (2 psi maybe) If they are leaking you can pump some gas in there to clean out any debris. That's all it takes sometimes. My money is on the bleed screw leaking. Good Luck !!

NOTE Where is the air in the line? Is it closer to the pump or closer to the intake?

I really don’t think the bleed screw is leaking but I will double check. I haven’t seen any oil in the bottom of hull.

If there are no leaks in the line,,,my bet is that The line is blocked at the fitting (internally) coming out of the pump.

I will check on these items and get the carbs back on. See if this machine runs ok. Thanks for your help guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back