1996 Sportster additional seatin in Bow

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

beprepared

I need help with figuring out what to do to my new boat, and who can do it for me.

Below is a pic of my boat interior as it sits.

The first thing i'd like to get is some additional seating in the front (if that's possible). I'd like a larger seating area, sufficient for 3 to sit comfortably.

Has anyone done anything like that?

Thanks folks!

85.jpg

You cant just go making more seats. The boat is rated to hold a specific amount of people and weight. Not only would it be illegal, im guessing the boat would be severely underpowered and handle like poo. You bought a small boat, thats what ya get with these. If you wanna put more than 3 people on there, you need to start with something bigger.

the boat is clearly made to hold up to 5 people. It has seating for 5. I'm not looking to increase the capacity necessarily, just the comfort in which the people in the front ride

The most people i'll likely ever have in it are 4 adults and a child, which should be well under 800 pounds. That's the rated weight capacity of the boat, and that's always conservative anyway

I'm not dumb enough to try to fit 8 people in it. I just want 4 or 5 to be able to ride COMFORTABLY

You might wanna check again. I am almost positive that boat is rated for 4 people or 650 lbs. Clearly it is 4 seats, im not sure why you think it can or should handle more.

Its rated for 4, but really only 3, you can't have anyone sitting in the front seat or else they fly out.. :)

That's a very pricey fine in my part of the country. I don't recommend packing more than 3 people in that boat. If you're going to haul a 4th person, then put them on a tube and tow them.

That's a very pricey fine in my part of the country. I don't recommend packing more than 3 people in that boat. If you're going to haul a 4th person, then put them on a tube and tow them.

The boat does state 4 people, or 650 pounds, thats what the "FEDERAL" sticker states? But i think I blew up my motor by having 4 people on my boat, and exceeding 650 pounds, it was 850 pounds NO BUENO DUDE BELIEVE ME, i blew the motors, cost me $1,800 dollars. I do however, put my girlfriend and my 2 kids, one is 80 pounds, the other 100 pounds, so its only 550 pounds...

Besides the sticker - have you drove the boat with the "legal" limit (4) yet? I've got the Speedster and having 2 children and 2 adults makes the thing drive like poo, as stated by RFoster130 - the motors have no problem, but the ride is much rougher.

Another thing is nooooo one ever wants the front seat (I'll have all 4 of us sitting in the back) - it's a back breaker and very unconfortable.

I'm trying to add storage for 4 I don't know where you would put anything for 6....

Well they're really only 3 safe seats on the boat. The placard and the manual clearly state that passengers should not be riding in the bow while the boat is underway. Only during idle speeds should passengers be sitting at the bow.

I dont know about you but I dont have 4 friends that all weigh under 650 lbs. 48pack of beer is already 35 pounds, Include ice and a cooler your hitting 50lbs. Fuel, oil, vest, gear, toys..etc.. A full tank of 27 gal is 168 lbs. I'm not sure if oil and gas is taken in consideration when they make the capacity plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back