1996 SPI Bogging

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevlh20

Youve probably read my thread about my pump going bad.. Well i put a new pump in only to discover a new problem. The pump is working fine im shooting out of the whole great and plane out great but once I plane out the engine boggs down and almost stalls and from then on everytime i hit the gas it boggs down and will stall if i continue. I think its time to tear into the carbs but before I do Could it be something else?

I don't know for sure, but it sounds kinda like the problem I had up until last week. Mine would bog in the lower middle rpms, and stall if I wasn't very careful, but ran great from 50% throttle on up to WOT. I tried to rebuild the carbs but years of salt water exposure had made them a mess. I found 2 used carbs on ebay and slapped them on (didn't change any of the adjustments, nothing, just bolted them on) and it runs GREAT now.

Hope someone has a better suggestion than that. Maybe the high speed screws?

High speed screws...

I think you might be onto somehting there scooper. The high speed screws may need to be adjusted, although, if you start out and it jumps out of the hole and goes to WOT and is running nicely, then starts to bog from then on, there seems to be something going beside just the high speed screw. If the carbs haven't been rebuilt or the filters in the carbs cleaned, I'd look at it from that direction.

Well I bypassed the fuel strainer but I wouldnt think that would do anything. I used the correct fitting and it's air tight.

Filters

BTW, I wasn't talking about the external filters, I was talking about the ones inside the carbs. There is a tiny filter inside the carb, no bigger than the end of a pencils eraser. One for each carb.

Water temps?

Have you looked at your tell-tell to ensure you have enough water supply to your motor? I'm wondering if your running a little hot. Maybe running lean on a carb. This symptom could come from a couple of things. Let's just hope it's not into the major parts of the motor. What does the exhaust look like? Check the plugs too, let me know what they look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back