RESTO 1996 Speedster - question on battery

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sosmond

Just a quick question - I had to replace 1 battery in my 96 Speedster. My question is this, there is a what looks like a small vacuum tube attached to the old batteries, but the new batteries don't have the connection point for these tubes. THe attachment point on the battery is simply a plug to secure the tube too and it looks like it's actually a part of the battery (the cover over where you put the liquid into the battery).

Right now I've just sealed the tube, I've checked the parts directory and I can't find these tubes listed.

Does anyone know what these do? Sorry I don't have a picture handy and the boat is a couple of hours away right now...

THanks....

Thanks Mightyss - it's amazing the difference changing those batteries made, the guy I showed the old batteries too said, they must be original to the boat (26yrs), the boat now starts on the first press of the ignition buttons :)

Thanks again for the response...

No need to seal the tube, it's just an unused battery vent line since you now have a sealed battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back