1996 Sea-Doo gtx issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you stated above. Please understand what I'm saying. It ran fine last year no bog or hesitation. It first started with intermittent cut rev up and system shuts off did not understand. Starts right back up. Then did it again. Then ran perfectly for 10 minutes then randomly did it again. This year that's why I'm trying to find the source of them problem. This starts up fine ran fine no cut outs until you reach full throttle then it will throw you forward go from 7000 rpms to 4500 rpms. Every time you give it full throttle and it reaches that point then it will do it again. I did not change anything for it to start this issue. Last intermittent cut but ran find to this runs fine until you reach full throttle. Not sure if the rectifier is bad or the Rev limiter. But it does it everytime. That's why I'm confused what's going wrong because before it ran good and never had one cut out issue until this. What could have gone bad in parts or is there another issue possible

I'm also fighting a problem that may be fuel delivery. Mine is hard to start and it frequently stalls on idle. I never see wet plugs on my ski after trying to start anymore. That's what makes me think it's fuel delivery. I've read somewhere that putting a restrictor in the return line solves some problems. That makes sense to me but I'm not entirely sure how the Mikuni carb works with the pop-off test and all. If all my fuel pump's work is just flowing back to the tank without producing any pressure at the carb, I can't see how it's going to operate. It doesn't have a bowl to collect gas in. I'm searching for a fuel pump test too.

OK.... so I'm getting down and dirty with these carbs now. :) I am not spending a lot more time trying to clear those port in the carb barrel. I might even make a tool for that.... not poking holes but an easy way to pressurize. The carbs I did today and yesterday shot nice streams out of the 3 holes. I was impressed.

So now... since I often mistrust the fuel pump, I mad a lapping guide so I could get a good surface finish where the valves mate up on the landings. I want to give these things every opportunity to do the rightcarb valve tool.jpgcarb valve tool B.jpg thing before I cuss em'. LOL

Honestly there is no need to go this far. As long as the surface is not pitted from corrosion they are fine.

Honestly there is no need to go this far. As long as the surface is not pitted from corrosion they are fine.
Man..... I'm just trying to get these things working as best I can. At this point... overkill is good. LOL Thanks for all your insights and postings. This forum as been so so helpful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back