1996 GTX Part help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanker

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the PWC world, I purchased 1996 GTX, and 1997 SPX.
The GTX is a running ski but i want to change the fuel lines, clean carbs, change to pre mix gas. I have repaired the Welch plugs and re painted all the exhaust pipes to match again. I went to clean the Presure Regulator on the exhaust but found the diaphragm ripped and the clamp rusted out.

Do you recommend buying a complete assembly or just get the parts needed to fix this one.

I have attached some pics for reference.

Thanks,

Steve

IMG_1275.JPG2.jpg1.jpg

Last edited:
Change fuel lines - Yes, good start. Change the fuel selector switch while you are at it.....does the gas guage still work?? Might consider a new one or a good used/fixed one......FYI....NEW in tank fuel pickups have 1/4" and 5/16" hose nipples, whereas the original is all 1/4" (or whatever the metric equal is to that)
Clean carbs - ???? What , no rebuild? - if so...ONLY GENuine mikuni kits (otherwise you are wasting time and money)
Change to pre-mix - WHY? The oil injection systems are usually very good and reliable....why mess with success? You'll just be buying more oil than necessary going down that road. - I'd certainly replace the little 3/32" tygon oil lines from the pump and check the larger hoses for leaks, change the oil filter too.
Water pressure regulator - not sure if new parts are still available.....might have to chase down a good used assembly possibly

Last edited:
Water Regulator......
Bellow
MSRP: $39.99
Dealer Price: $33.99

Clamp
MSRP: $4.23
Dealer Price: $3.60

Thanks Guys,

I do have the fuel selector switch as well as new complete fuel filter.

mikidymac,

I checked Sea-doo Warehouse and the pricing is different then you have.
Different website?

Also I will need the 44mm spring as that is broken.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks Everyone,

I'm at the last part, looking at doing the rebuild carb kit, I can only see most of the kit but missing the needle and seat. Is there not one that has everything included?

Also is $92.00 a good price.

https://www.amazon.com/Seadoo-Genuine-Carburetor-Rebuild-Gaskets/dp/B01BHI5260/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=MK-BN38/44-SPR&qid=1566845636&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Thanks,

Steve

$92.00 is a fair price for a dual carb rebuild kit. Needles and seats are usually purchased separately...I haven't seen a kit that includes them.....I'm pretty sure I got mine on Amazon as well.

OSD marine sells the kits with needles/seats for about $90. It doesn't include the round and formed O-rings like the Amazon kit, but you can add them to your order if needed. Usually the O-rings are able to be reused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back