1996 GTX limp mode?!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEA-MONSTER

Hello, when I tried to use my GTX this weekend, 1st time this summer, it starts right up (new battery) idles fine sounds smooth, ect.... when I go to throttle it, it revs up normally for about 10 seconds the dies down to about 3500 rpms, it dose not stall just dies into a limp mode, if I turn it off then restart the same thing. I feel its electrical, its to exact to be a carb problem, yes I maintain it well, new fuel lines and all, had it for a # of years, motor been rebuilt 3 years ago and still has solid compression, (147 & 148psig) any ideas what to try 1st?! Any help would be appreciated.

The first thing I would check is the rectifier/voltage regulator. Disconnect the red lead and see if the problem goes away. When you disconnect the red lead your ski won't charge the battery, so if this fixes the problem you need a new rectifier, and I would highly recommend an OEM. BTW your ski does not have a limp mode.

Lou

Escaped from work a little early today, hooked up a volt meter to the Gtx on the drive way, started it revved it to about 4500 rpms and when the voltage got to 16.5, it bogged down, I just ordered a rectifier, hopefully this problem will be fixed!

Escaped from work a little early today, hooked up a volt meter to the Gtx on the drive way, started it revved it to about 4500 rpms and when the voltage got to 16.5, it bogged down, I just ordered a rectifier, hopefully this problem will be fixed!

It will be Lou was right. It happens all the time on 96 787's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back