1996 GSX flywheel

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

edorminey

I ordered and received part # 420966442 which is a flywheel that is supposed to fit my 1996 GSX Sea Doo but it is made differently and seems the hub is too small. Any idea what I need? Several websites, including BRP.com show that part number............but it doesn't fit. My old flywheel had a backer plate that was bolted to the flywheel also and the new one doesn't. I can post pictures of the two flywheels if you need to see them.

Also, I still need help identifying a fitting on a previous thread if someone could help. Thanks. I'll attach a picture of the fitting. It goes to the front of the flywheel cover........not the oil pump though.

Attachments

• SeaDoo Fitting.jpg
    SeaDoo Fitting.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 11
So...........Your ski is not a 96, it a 99 or a 2000. That's an RFI engine. There is where you flywheel problem is. The 787 carb'd engine has a smaller snout on the crankshaft than the larger snout on the 787 RFI engines do. So, you need to return that one and get 290966560 or 420966564. They call it a trigger wheel.

Looks like this right?

s-l640.jpg

Last edited:
As far as the fitting, it broke off the little cover on the front of the stator housing. Look at #16

Part numbers are 290811220 or the updated # 420811220 Gotta buy a new cover. Water circulates thru that to cool the housing. Those RFI's run hot. Just like the bottom of the case has a case cooler.

convert

You are exactly right. I checked my serial number and definitely have a 1999 model GSX. Everything you have said helps immensely. I've already ordered the Flywheel Assembly for the correct model and arranged to return the other one. Thanks immensely. I will also order the other part in a few minutes. You are talking about ordering part # 21 aren't you ?

Ok, will do.... one last question. How does the broken off piece come out of that fitting or do I need to order another fitting also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back