1995 XP 720 Restoration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my racerxx sponsons today and I got them put on. Top notch stuff. He only sells black but I wanted them purple so you can see I painted them. Really only a few cosmetics to button up. Seat cover, trim tabs, hood, and graphics from PWC graphics. Rest is mechanical, engine, jetpump rebuild, alignment, then I want to try to start it. Probably use a little antifreeze to try and start it. 20181226_122927.jpeg20181226_122946.jpeg20181226_124445.jpeg

If you believe the professional builders like Harry Klemm even the cylinders should be dry. No reason for cooling just to fire a new engine.

More work done today. Finally had the time and patience to rewire everything. I got the electrical box back in. Now that I have the sponsons on, I went ahead and mounted the waterbox.

Back on the electrical part, I did some hair pulling out but I finally figured out how to install the micro touch. So I got that wired in and had to run some new wires for the water control solenoid.

The Factory Pipe showed up a couple days ago, so I was able to test fit that. I haven't seen pictures of one installed so I wanted to get an eye for it.

Man does it fill some space in the Hull. So factory pipe and TDR waterbox. This thing will be obnoxious I'm sure. That's all for today.

Cheers!20181229_135024.jpeg

That thing is gonna be rowdy. Not sure but I'm sure(lol) you spoke with Matt Braley about carbs and jetting. Those pipes like to chew pistons up if not jetted correctly. I'm sure you've covered this, nothing to see just move along. Lol.

That thing is gonna be rowdy. Not sure but I'm sure(lol) you spoke with Matt Braley about carbs and jetting. Those pipes like to chew pistons up if not jetted correctly. I'm sure you've covered this, nothing to see just move along. Lol.
It has been mentioned but trust me it will be revisited. 787 carbs is what he recommended. I have a set ready to roll of it, however I will need more jetting info for said carbs. I'm going to get it close on the stock intake, then jet it up from there for flam arrestors. I ended up buying another factory pipe and micro touch as well so I'll set that aside for an HX build after I clean out what I have clogging my garage.

Good wash with some soft scrub and some wipe new to finish off the hood I got from matt.

Looked better in good light. I'll get it outside and get some pics later today20181231_104522.jpeg

Good, I would have driven up and slapped you around, lol. Honestly that purple looks mint on there, good choice. Keep up the great work.

Alright so today I got two big boxes in the mail. One from Matt and the other was a factory pipe and msd that I bought on Facebook. One I bought on Facebook is in much better shape and fit in the xp hull much better. Oh well. Pics of the pipes above.

Anyways, purple hood and purple trim tabs from Matt. Thanks again Matt. High quality stuff. The hood wasn't perfect but man did I make it perfect.

Also got my set of 800 carbs and attached the ocean pro flame arrestors that I'll be using. Like I said in an earlier post, I plan to tune the carbs for the pipe on the stock Airbox and get it close. Then I plan to swap out the stock intake with these ocean pro arrestors and jet up accordingly. Seems like the best way to do it since the jetting instructions from FPP are for the stock intake.

And did it really happen without pics?20181231_105545.jpeg20181231_124338.jpeg20181231_124348.jpeg20181231_141408.jpeg20181231_141416.jpeg20181231_141429.jpeg20181231_141443.jpeg20181231_141454.jpeg20181231_141704.jpeg

Alright so today I got two big boxes in the mail. One from Matt and the other was a factory pipe and msd that I bought on Facebook. One I bought on Facebook is in much better shape and fit in the xp hull much better. Oh well. Pics of the pipes above.

Anyways, purple hood and purple trim tabs from Matt. Thanks again Matt. High quality stuff. The hood wasn't perfect but man did I make it perfect.

Also got my set of 800 carbs and attached the ocean pro flame arrestors that I'll be using. Like I said in an earlier post, I plan to tune the carbs for the pipe on the stock Airbox and get it close. Then I plan to swap out the stock intake with these ocean pro arrestors and jet up accordingly. Seems like the best way to do it since the jetting instructions from FPP are for the stock intake.

And did it really happen without pics?View attachment 38809View attachment 38810View attachment 38811View attachment 38812View attachment 38813View attachment 38814View attachment 38815View attachment 38816View attachment 38817

Are you filling in those rivet holes? I would...

If those 800 carbs are set up for a 96 xp ski you wont need to tune at all...plug and play. I have 3 skis with the same set up running around...all with over 60 hours on set up.

Seat cover and pwcgraphics are ordered.

Laid down some hydroturf today and added some new school brp decals. In just a week or so you all will see it cosmetically finished.

Cylinders are done awaiting my pickup, engine will go together fast and then gotta paint. Insert engine, rebuild carbs, align engine, and reattach pump and nozzle and that's a wrap. Not much longer on this one.20190105_180120.jpeg20190105_191316.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back