1995 XP 720 Restoration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about to paint my yellow hood cuz it's ugly. I don't know how you guys get the color back but it looks nice. I tried the heat gun thing.... doesn't quite make the grade. :)

Try some soft scrb and a scotch brite pad. Then follow it up with a wipe down of turtle- vinyl cleaner. Essentially act like your wet sanding it with scotch brite and soft scrub

I would ditch the colored zip ties. Especially for fuel lines you want the good Thomas & Betts ones with the stainless locking tab.

I wish I had got to you before the heat gun did. That 'trick" is very outdated.

Look at this hood. I didn't go for the Wipe New or anything just a fine grit sanding sponge. This and many(many) others like it were left out in the Fl sun so long that it had a bleached top layer of dry white plastic. They get so bad you would not even know they were originally yellow if you didn't know better.

Seadoo 95XP w/ Trailer Runs Great

I will give that a try. Always some new tricks I learn here. LOL I'm all by my lonesome in my area. I always have to give credit to the people that help guys like me out so much. Thanks again.

I will give that a try. Always some new tricks I learn here. LOL I'm all by my lonesome in my area. I always have to give credit to the people that help guys like me out so much. Thanks again.
I'm a beginner myself, but have learned a lot and got addicted really fast. Just look at my garage lol20181208_112434.jpeg

I mean I'm not really a beginner. When it comes to jet skis, I am. However I focused a lot on offroad stuff before. Dirt bikes, ATV, and sxs.

Same here.... I bought my first ski the May of 2017. :) I've never had any water toy other than floaties. LOL Motorcycles is mah thang and whatever else needs fixin. :D :D

Keep in mind that the colored fuel hose doesn’t last. It turns hard, discolores and is junk pretty quick. Your best bet I’d good quality black automotive fuel hose.

The clear and colored lines have improved over the years, on the fuel and oil areas staying with "tygon" line it'll hold up. Tygon line on fuel and oil and clear vinyl line for water. I'd avoid the questionable stuff coming out of China or the really pretty colored stuff that avoids mentioning it's good for fuel and oil or doesn't specify it's tygothane line.

Try some soft scrb and a scotch brite pad. Then follow it up with a wipe down of turtle- vinyl cleaner. Essentially act like your wet sanding it with scotch brite and soft scrub

I am going to give that a try. I just spoke to Da Queen about it and it is going on her grocery list. The big question was Bleach or Lemon. :D :D On a side note... she doesn't go into the store, she shops online and picks up the groceries. :) I feel like I need to file a report to get stuff I want. LOL

Good news for today, I FOUND A MICROTOUCH FOR THE 720 and I made it happen. So I ended up with factory pipe, the solenoid and the microtouch for a whopping $120 with all said and done. Heck of a steal. Now, update when all that shows up!

Alright so I have finally cut myself off on ordering stuff while on this trip. For some reason sitting in a hotel room makes me sit and order parts. So here is a list of the parts waiting for me when i get home.

Factory Pipe!!!
Micro-touch
Hydroturf
grips
hydroturf splash guard
tether
fuel line clamps

Ill have plenty to do when i get there, and there is no telling what the family has in store for christmas. Expect an update directly after christmas with a nice amount of progress.

I have a factory pipe on my 96 SPI (587). There is a electronic box installed under the ECM in the gray box. and a water injection module mounted on the exhaust with wiring. I didn't do the install but it came on the ski. I assume the people that did the mod also jetting the carb and may have swapped the prop. The ski runs about 47mph on the GPS.

Just ordered more stuff.
Add to the list
Matt's trim tabs
Purple hood from Matt
And some racerxxx sponsons.

Waiting for Matt to have trim tabs in hand. Plenty to do until those come in.

Stay tuned

I assume a purple single gauge hood, which will look sweet, it just looks so much better than those elephant ears on the stock hood.

Nothing crazy to update today but I got the micro touch and I'm going to need some serious help hooking it up. Micro touch website is gone so I can't get the instructions from there. Either way, took a little picture because I was out messing with it today.20181222_123426.jpeg20181222_123503.jpeg

Christmas day! Merry Christmas to my girlfriends. She's a little bit spoiled with the hydroturf goodies even tho the seat cover didn't make it yet.

Tether
Grips
Turf mats
Splash guard20181225_122920.jpeg

Make sure you reinforce the back side of the splash guard or it will rip off if you are going to jump it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back