1995 seadoo xp wont turn over with plugs in

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmasterson

Ok so here is the story. A few months ago I bought a this ski to have something to tinker with. I knew nothing about them. I rebuilt the jet pump and added stage 2 wear ring and impeller kit. Took to water which is salt water put ski in made it 15 feet and engine filles with water. Took home took the plugs out turned it over untill all the water was gone filles with oil and tranny fluid ran it for a few minutes then put it aside for two months. Got a head gasket kit off ebay. Put head gasket kit on put head on now engine will only crank with one plug in it. It will even start on one plug and pump water. Im lost now please help!!!!!!!!!!!

1st off if you never got it to run after the water was in there I'm going to say it's junk, even if you turned it over and got the water out. When you have a water filled engine it's very critical to get that thing running Within 12hrs ( safe side) Did the ski fill with water or just the engine.

First thing to do is a load test on the battery. We MUST start with something known. Known good or known bad. If the batter load tests good, check cables and connections. Is it an OEM starter or aftermarket?

I ran the motor after it filled up with water. It was just the motor. It had a gasket issue I was unaware of. Engine runs with only one plug.

Im.gonna throw a new one on it and.see what happens. Thanks Ill reply and let ya kno what happens

I strongly suggest you do not buy a new aftermarket starter. 90% of them are simply junk. Buy a good used one from at [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION]. And have him throw brushes in before he sends it to you. The good used OEM starter is much better than a new aftermarket starter.

I ordered a venom one before I got this message. When that one goes out I def get a rebuilt one from the address you listed. I ride in the salt so im sure it wont be to long.

I have had good results from sbt and their starters, but i also agree that taking a user oem and replacing brushes and bendix is a great and low cost solution. They sell rebuild kits for starters online and they're not hard to rebuild. I've done several and they all worked great. But Minnetonka4me has them ready to ship. He's a good dude and we all by parts from him

Yeah I just had a guy bring me his what looked like new aftermarket starter....dead. Sold him a nice used OEM and his machine is good to go.

Yeah I just had a guy bring me his what looked like new aftermarket starter....dead. Sold him a nice used OEM and his machine is good to go.

It is just one of those parts that cannot be anything but OEM in most cases.

It is a live and learn experience. Most buy two or three aftermarket before they buy an OEM used. Spent more money than if they would've just bought an OEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back