RESTO 1995 seadoo xp wont go over 7-10mph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not look at that. How do you get to that? To be honest I don't know what the jet pump is, is it the large purple thing on the inside of the hull?

When I would hit the throttle it seemed as if it would rev up to a certain point and then the throttle was ineffective, and then after about 10 seconds of going 10mph it would just dive into the water a bit and slow way down and I'd let off the throttle completely, press it fully again and then it'd go 10mph for a little longer and just kept repeating

121 PSI is not good. Either your compression gauge is inaccurate (test with another one) or your engine is weak and most likely to fail soon. You should be hovering at 140 and higher.

Benji.

I also have a 94 xp and I checked the compression on that motor as well and got 121psi on each cylinder also. The gauge is the rental from auto zone.

Then I would suspect a inaccurate compression tester. I bought a $60.00 a few weeks ago and it was 10% off specs. Had someone tested for me with a $400. compression gauge and it was perfect.

Benji.

Started it up again and the thing goes crazy, it almost seems like the throttle is wide open and when I hit the throttle is bogs the motor down. I think this may be the problem. If I play with the choke and pull it out to where there's about an 1/8 inch gap around the butterfly flap there is full control of the throttle and it's extremely responsive, if I let the choke in it goes WOT again and the throttle chokes the motor down

Last edited by a moderator:
there is no float in the these carbs sounds like your carbs need to be taken apart ensure all parts are there and working properly sounds like the needle is lifting and flooding your engine.

I pulled the carbs out tonight, I'm going to go through them all and clean them really well and put it all back together. I noticed my diaphragms were stuck to the lid on both of the carbs. I don't know if that's an issue or not. I stopped for the night at that point

Cleaned the carbs and found a bunch of slimy muck inside them. cleaned up and put it back together and then re assembled the seadoo and tested it today. It ran fantastic and was flying, it was sputtering back at me a little bit but I think that's just because when I dos assembled it all and put it back together it may not all be adjusted quite perfectly yet. Thanks everybody for all the help on this project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back