1995 Seadoo Speedster Jet Pump Housing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

teisenhart

I went to replace the wear rings and impeller yesterday and noticed that my jet pump housing had a small dent on the bottom of it. Can anyone tell me if this will cause the motor to cavitate?

Also, is there suppose to be a gasket on the back of the shoe to the hull? If so, I'm having trouble trying to find it. Any advice?

Thank you!

Post a pic of the dent. If it's not cracked, or severely bent... it probably won't cause an issue.

Yes... you need a neoprene seal on the hull. Just get one for a 140mm pump... doesn't mater what model it says it's for.

Here is a pic of the jet housing.

Also, the black plastic on the other look like it's chipped. Is that part of the neoprene gasket or an old style?

What do you think?

Thank you!
04ff46d84322b09dc20b4542f1b64ab9.jpg
e86017e991a5d88ec29688d48ffbb090.jpg

The dent looks like it's on the outlet... so it shouldn't be an issue.

It looks like there was a seal stuck to the outer edge of the wear ring. Normally I stick them to the shoe in the boat. BUT... it looks like the rubber of the wear ring is completely gone. The white I'm seeing is the fiberglass core.

So... replace the ring, and stick a new 140mm seal on the boat, and call it a day.

Sorry for all my newbie questions. There is also a ding on the inside part of the jet housing. It is not a perfect circle. See the top of picture #1. The metal sticks out further than the wear ring. Is this okay?

I'm planning to replace the impellers too, as they show some wear with dings and scratches.
4ceb91a2735793bc671fd09d19576f4e.jpg
5d445f80ac6d467728343da7f5666d97.jpg
12eac7aa8e22fa2534bfd4ac5d7a9f5b.jpg
f063752dd556cb48edf5d3531b075b1b.jpg

Replacing the impellers is always good, since all the aftermarket impellers offer some improvement. I personally like Skat-Trak "Swirl" impellers.

But that housing...... well........ Don't know. I would hate to toss a nice bronze pump... but that dent is more than a dent. It looks like it was deformed. I'm inclined to say that's ice damage... but I don't know what part of the world you are in. I guess if it was mine... I would use a steel bar, and a large hammer, and see if I could reform the housing. The lip on the exit isn't a big deal... but the one on the impeller side isnt' good. If nothing else, I would file a nice transition into it. But, beating it into submission is better than removing metal.

Last thing... I would replace that pump seal, at the minimum. But, If it was mine... I would also replace the bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back