1995 Sea-Doo GTX Jump Started

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and even Sea-Doos. I was just given a 1995 Sea-Doo GTX a weeks ago that hasn't ran in a few years as a thank you for repairing an ATV. I drained the old injection oil and fuel then replaced the oil filter, fuel filter, and spark plugs. I then put a tiny bit of oil down the spark plug holes and filled it with new gas and Bombardier synthetic oil. I didn't have a battery for it and I didn't know it was going to run so I decided to use my small booster pack instead, until I knew if it was going to run or not. It started up and ran great, but when I shut it off and went to go start it again there was no response from the start button. I read around and seen that I shouldn't have boosted it (in hindsight I should've researched that before). What should I check and do to get it running again. Thank you guys in advance.

It’s possible that the MPEM is fried, but open up the electrical boxes and check all of your fuses first. You can also see if it’s got power at all by pressing the start button once without the lanyard on, and then pressing your VTS buttons. If the motor moves the trim, you’ve got power.

It’s possible that the MPEM is fried, but open up the electrical boxes and check all of your fuses first. You can also see if it’s got power at all by pressing the start button once without the lanyard on, and then pressing your VTS buttons. If the motor moves the trim, you’ve got power.

Ok cool, thanks for the response! I will check my fuses in a bit today. My Sea-Doo doesn't have VTS and there was no power when clicking the start button. If it does turn out to be the MPEM, how difficult is that to fix and is it expensive?

It depends... The correct way to fix it is by buying a used MPEM from Westside Powersports. They’re pretty reasonable, but I couldn’t tell you what they cost off the top of my head... I’ve also had decent luck with aftermarket ones, but I’ve only had to go that route once and several other people have had problems with them, so I wouldn’t recommend it. Also, the wire colors don’t necessarily match up on the aftermarket ones, so you’ve got to have both wiring diagrams out and know how to read them to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back