Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweaver70514

I just inherited a 1994 Seadoo XP that has been sitting up for the past 10+ years. I put a new battery on it, changed the plugs and decided to try and start it before I rebuilt the carbs and cleaned the entire system out. Once I got the battery hooked up the light to the oil was on, but nothing even tried to start when the lanyard was in and the start button was pressed. Both of these buttons are on the dash. There is a stop button on the left side of the handle bars above the trim. All of these buttons click, but I haven't tested for continuity.

I have pulled the water tight box out and jumped the solenoid and it tried to start. I ordered a new solenoid and did my best to make sure things ended up on the same poles, but I wanted to make sure I got things put back together correctly. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or a picture of the wires that connect to the solenoid?

I jumped the solenoid and the ski tried to start again, but nothing happens when the starter button is pressed. I have test continuity to the starter button and it shows continuity. I am at a loss and haven't worked much on PWC's, but I am pretty mechanically inclined and can walk through any instructions someone might suggest. I appreciate anyone's help!

Heres a pic of the diagram.
Youll need to check if the solenoid is getting power and ground on the control side.
Youll see in the diagram the solenoid will get power from a 15 amp fuse, and ground is provided thru the lanyard switch, start switch and stop switch. Hope this helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-12-11-29-55.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-12-11-29-55.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
Heres a pic of the diagram.
Youll need to check if the solenoid is getting power and ground on the control side.
Youll see in the diagram the solenoid will get power from a 15 amp fuse, and ground is provided thru the lanyard switch, start switch and stop switch. Hope this helps

Thank you for your help! I'll work on this when I get off work this evening! I'll post back my findings! Thank you again!

If you put 12 volts directly to selonoid wire going to the starter and starter spins is selonoid bad???? because when start button is pushed I get no voltage at the starter? please advise! im learning

If you put 12 volts directly to selonoid wire going to the starter and starter spins is selonoid bad???? because when start button is pushed I get no voltage at the starter? please advise! im learning

Maybe, maybe not. As stated above to the original poster. You'll need to check the control side of the solenoid to make sure it has power and ground when attempting to start. If it does, then yes it would be a bad solenoid.

Make sure the lanyard post is fully depressing when u put the key on. Try it without the key by pressing it fully down with your finger and press the start button. Check all grounds. I think you have 5 or more in the ebox plus the main ground. Clean all connectors and plugs and use dialectic grease on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back