1994 seadoo bogs down to 1 cylinder after 5 minutes then dies altogether.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomrussell

I have a 1994 seadoo gtx that i have recently re-built myself, full engine rebuild, carb rebuild, everything, but the problem i have is i took it out on the water twice and it worked fine, but the 3rd time it bogged down to only running 1 cylinder, so i turned it off for 5 minutes, then it worked again and got me back to shore, the next 2 times i go to use it, it would run fine on trailer but asoon as it had been running for 5 minutes it would go to 1 cylinder and the eventually die alltogether, i have changed the rectifier as i see in this thread some people say its normally that, but still the same problem, could it be the ignition coils failing under load after 5 minutes, has anyone had similar issues and how did they solve it?
Cheers
Tom.

Check your fuel vent. Could be clogged and causing a vacuum in the fuel delivery system. A quick check is to open fuel cap next time and see if that fixes. If so your fuel vent is clogged.

Yes, it could be the coil, they will fail after running a while, they heat up and fail. After cooling off, they run normally for a while.

Catch it when it does this and check spark on both cylinders. See if one has lost spark and see the strength of spark on the other. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think the rectifier has anything to do with spark and the coils?? The rectifier is part of the charging circuit. Anyway check the spark on both plugs when it’s acting up then let’s go from there.

I have a 1994 seadoo gtx that i have recently re-built myself, full engine rebuild, carb rebuild, everything, but the problem i have is i took it out on the water twice and it worked fine, but the 3rd time it bogged down to only running 1 cylinder, so i turned it off for 5 minutes, then it worked again and got me back to shore, the next 2 times i go to use it, it would run fine on trailer but asoon as it had been running for 5 minutes it would go to 1 cylinder and the eventually die alltogether, i have changed the rectifier as i see in this thread some people say its normally that, but still the same problem, could it be the ignition coils failing under load after 5 minutes, has anyone had similar issues and how did they solve it?
Cheers
Tom.
Have you figured out issue yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back