1990 GT Starters

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ispicer

I am newbie to Seadoo talk but not new to rotax bombardier(northern sledder skidoo). I have picked up a couple of 1990 GT's and need some new starters. Trying to track some down that are not from bombardier dealer. Meaning cheaper. Have found some on Ebay, but not sure if they are complatible 1994-1996. Looking at the microfiche for them.

As I believe they used the 587 Rotax from 1990 until mid to later 1990's. What other years of starters could I user on a 1990 GT?

ya same starter as the 587 white 650/720

you can get a rebuild kit for about 25 bucks check ebay

google you'll find some videos on how to rebuild these things

Installed the new starter and turns over fine. With help of some quick start,got it running... Was planning to take the carb's out to clean, as the doo is a 1990 GT. What type of frigging wrench can you use to get the carb mounting nuts off? A standard 13 mm long or short wrench doesn't fit. Have read of some guys making a custom wrench, does anyone have a pic to help me do it only once? Help is appreciated..

you'll need to remove the 4-13mm bolts, securing the rv cover/manifold off, then you can get to the 2-13mm nuts at the carb. Once the 4-bolts are removed, then pull the manifold off just a bit to expose the RV (rotary valve), and using a small flathead, push it back onto the gear, so it doesnt skip a tooth, and mess up your timing.

That's is where I was heading, but decided to postpone until got some insight. Have learned with skidoo's that sometimes other people have better ideas...

Thanks for the reassurance..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back