169.9 per liter ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ruby

i just paid 169.9 for gas at Port severn at the star port landing marina. we are getting screwed so bad and nobody seems to care. 45 cents over road price is just gouging and they are killing the boating industry. has anybody else had to endure this. my jet boat is not the only boat i have, my other boat is 38 feet so a trailer is not an option.

I paid 143.9 at a station in Muskoka last weekend. I cant imagine how much it is on the water . Crooks for sure. Oil is down, gas is up.

the best is if you can pull your boat out on a trailer fill it up at a gas station, thats wat i do with my seadoo, fill it up with V power and then i bring extra gas can if i wanna refill i leave it in the truck

if you got a pick-up truck, buy a bed tank, fill that puppy up at a gas station and use a transfer pump to fill your boat. thats what we do down in windsor, except we buy the gas in michigan for $0.89 a litre

if you got a pick-up truck, buy a bed tank, fill that puppy up at a gas station and use a transfer pump to fill your boat. thats what we do down in windsor, except we buy the gas in michigan for $0.89 a litre

If I lived on the border thats exactly what I'd be doing ... damn lake ontario in the way!!

just an update on the price of fuel, it seems if you voice your digust at the gouging by one place of bussiness it does have an effect, the price was dropped to 154.9 from 169.9 and i think it will be 149.9 this weekend. if you think your getting screwed speak up it does make a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
just an update on the price of fuel, it seems if you voice your digust at the gouging by one place of bussiness it does have an effect, the price was dropped to 154.9 from 169.9 and i think it will be 149.9 this weekend. if you think your getting screwed speak up it does make a difference.

Not trying to be a jerk Ruby but I believe that *our* comments/input means zero. Branded gas stations set prices based on the
Head Office (barring a now extinct occurrence called "gas war"). Independents base prices on the cost and how high they can go.

We've been and will continue to be gouged as the only certainty is that "supply issues" only result in higher prices for
us - never lower.

That and the fact that here in BC we're paying almost 50 cents a litre in government taxes and it's going up July 1 even more.

Petroleum company profits used to be well reported each quarter. Haven't seen them for a long time. Wonder why... :puke:

haha can't complain to a gas station unfortunately gotta see the gas counter go up and pay for what you pump.... trust me you aren't the only one thats mad... but if you wanna play with big toys except a big wallet....

road price

Not trying to be a jerk Ruby but I believe that *our* comments/input means zero. Branded gas stations set prices based on the
Head Office (barring a now extinct occurrence called "gas war"). Independents base prices on the cost and how high they can go.

We've been and will continue to be gouged as the only certainty is that "supply issues" only result in higher prices for
us - never lower.

That and the fact that here in BC we're paying almost 50 cents a litre in government taxes and it's going up July 1 even more.

Petroleum company profits used to be well reported each quarter. Haven't seen them for a long time. Wonder why... :puke:

hi there, my son lives in kelowna bc and they pay the same price at marinas as they do on the road. my issue is not the fuel companies but the mark ups the individual marinas make. its as much as 45 cents higher than a gas station i can see a block away from the gas dock. i looked into this and they only pay 2 to 5 cents more and the mark up is at their disgretion and when they are the only game in town they can charge what ever we boaters will bend over for.

Yes Ruby you are right - it's whatever they get away with. I suspect Kelowna is "cheaper" because of the competition
in the area. Unfortunately if you only have limited Marina's with gas and you're on the water what can you do (besides
paddle ;) )

I try and fill up via jerry cans and limit my trips requiring on-water fuel. That and buying USA gas (I'm 15 min away from
the USA) to use in the seadoos.

Regardless we're being screwed and my point the first time was that we have little we can do about it when the Gov't is
reaping the revenue as well. Crooks and Crooks. Sounds familiar.

Back