150 Speedster anti-pooling poles

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

First time trying to use the OEM anti pooling poles with the 150 speedster, does anyone have a picture or diagram as to the correct location of the poles. I got it to work but am sure it is not as stable as it should be. I did look through this forum and the poppy site (they make covers) and could not find details for the 150 Speedster anti-pooling pole locations. Thanks.

Thought about this some more and I think the arrangement shown is probably the right way to do this.

posts.JPG

Looks correct to me. White straps always go in front.........at least that's the way it's been for the past 3 covers and 2 boats we've owned.

Maybe take the twist out from the straps. If the poles are height adjustable, you want to make sure there's not place for the water to pool on the cover. Should be a slope from center to edges.

Post a pic with your cover on.

Had a big rain storm two nights ago and had a few small puddle locations but the cover was tight enough to do the job. This is a picture prior to the rain.

cover.JPG

If your poles are adjustable for height, I'd raise the rear one up a bit so the cover doesn't dip down in the cockpit and hit the top of the seat backs.

The more you eliminate the ability for water to pool, the less likely you are to have leaks. Be sure to hit it with some water repellent each year to help out as well. We like to use 303 fabric guard. Great stuff.

First time trying to use the OEM anti pooling poles with the 150 speedster, does anyone have a picture or diagram as to the correct location of the poles. I got it to work but am sure it is not as stable as it should be. I did look through this forum and the poppy site (they make covers) and could not find details for the 150 Speedster anti-pooling pole locations. Thanks.
also, the Poppy is the only one that allows you to leave it on when traveling, which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back