08 RXT-X 255 stumbles on acceleration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtracz415

Last year, about mid season I sank my ski in salt water. I washed the whole thing out with fresh water, took the plugs out put oil in the cylinders, new plugs, new gas, changed the oil and filter. I took it out and this is what’s happening:

I’ll accelerate and have no power problem. It’ll hit 70mph and 8000 rpms flawlessly. I’ll let off the throttle to slow down, then get back on the throttle to accelerate again then it’ll stumble for about 5 seconds (sometimes stall), then accelerate flawlessly again. But if I let it idle for a minute or so, it won’t happen.

After some research, I thought it was the idle air control valve. So I replaced the IAC, but the problem was still happening. I ran it really hard for about 10 miles up the river trying to clear it out. Unfortunately, the engine overheated because of a kinked water pump hose and the motor seized up. So I had a new long block installed and the supercharger was rebuilt while the motor was out.

I was hoping the problem would be solved, but it wasn’t. Just yesterday, I replaced the MAP sensor, TPS, intake air temp sensor and reset the TPS with the CANdoo but it’s STILL happening.

Anyone have any insight into this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back