Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NPack

Hi Folks,

I have an 07 Seadoo RXT that started throwing a P1502 error code at me. With this code, I get the 2 second beep at start up, the flashing check engine light, and then it will beep at me again every 15 minutes. The ski is also limited to 5000 RPMs, 35mph max, and limited acceleration.

To try and solve the problem so far I've replaced the Interrupter T.O.P.S sensor with a brand new one (PN: 278001992), but I continued getting the code (BTW, if you need to find this sensor it is to the left of your MPEM, below the fuse box). I also checked all my fuses; they're all clean and working (5 A for info center and TOPS sensor). One time I was able to start the ski without getting the P1502 after checking the fuses, but relief was short lived as the ski idled for 5 seconds in the water, then bogged and died. Pulled the key, restarted, P1502 came up again. Pulled the key, waited 5 seconds, tried again, no code but bogged and died again when I tried gassing past idle. P1502 is now back again and I'm limited to the 5000rpms/35mph.

Need help figuring out what to do about this one! Checked all the forums, Greenhulk, this, pwctoday; lot's of people get this dreaded code, but I can't find any solutions! Does the '07 Seadoo RXT 215 engine have a mechanical TOPS switch/valve, and where is it located? Please, this thing is the hardest thing to find in the manuals and I can't find a good test procedure to test if it is good if I find it!

TL:DR; P1502, can't clear. New TOPS sensor. cFuses are good fuses. Connections are good. Cannot find TOPS valve. Running out of ideas and summer. Thanks.

Other than getting a manual to look for the test procedure to find the fault, have you checked the ground wiring? Look at the ends of the ground wires and see if they are corroded or test them to see if there is too much resistance between the wire and the lugs. I solder all my ends to be sure , had many fail over the years as they are just crimped together.

That's something I haven't looked at and will give it a look later this afternoon. Has bad ground wiring lead to P1502s before?
Checked the charge on the battery; had it on the trickle charger all winter, and is still giving me a strong all 12V.

Ground wiring is good. There was some slight corrosion so I cleaned it and re-grounded it, but am continuing to get the P1502. Resistance between the wires and lugs is in spec.

Per your service manual, unfortunately it’s time to try a new mpem.
Unless,
BTW my old battery was holding 12.7 V overnight and had it bench tested and it failed the test in like 5 seconds.

Last edited:
Well guys, it took a minute, but I managed to figure it out! I actually hadn't checked all of the ground wires... I missed the little one on the main electrical harness that grounds on the front left of the block... Turns out, the barrel had completely broken off!

With the wire hanging free, I was getting the P1502. Hold the ground on there and starting, I didn't have the P1502 code anymore, but it would bog and die almost immediately if I ever took it off the ground. Holding the ground wire on the block, I was able to start it and rev it fine!

Was a real pain in the ass to find, but after cutting the old on off and attaching a new 10 cent barrel and screwing it to the block, I'm back in business and no more codes! Thanks for all your help, and I hope this helps someone else if they ever get this annoying code.

Great Info on this. I'm looking at a buddy's ski has that P1502 CODE but also low battery code as well. I'm thinking it is the battery. If that doesn't do it I'll have him check the grounds. Thanks for the follow up on this. Very helpful !!

To try and solve the problem so far I've replaced the Interrupter T.O.P.S sensor with a brand new one (PN: 278001992), but I continued getting the code (BTW, if you need to find this sensor it is to the left of your MPEM, below the fuse box). I also checked all my fuses; they're all clean and working (5 A for info center and TOPS sensor).

TL:DR; P1502, can't clear. New TOPS sensor. cFuses are good fuses. Connections are good. Cannot find TOPS valve. Running out of ideas and summer. Thanks.
Npack:

Did you OHM the Interrupter T.O.P.S switch (PN: 278001992) Manual calls for 35Ω between pins A & C with the switch in the upright position per arrow. 10Ω in the down position between pins A & C. I am getting 4.2 mΩ in the up position and 4.2 mΩ in the down position.

Another thing.....when you shake the switch, does it sound like a paint rattle can?

1662414496319.png1662414542463.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back