07 Seadoo GTI 130 Burnt Out Exhaust Temp Sensor and Resonator

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCabralFamily

This is a New One for me. I have an 07 GTI 130 I have been resurrecting from an old storage lot. It was in rough shape, however the engine runs strong. It Now has new Reverse and Steering cables. Went to give it a short test run at the ramp. Went out and ran for 3 mins at idle, with no alarms or issues. Once I hit the 3 minute mark, the buzzer was going off, temp light was flashing but with a beat up display I couldn't read the code. I sat at idle floating around and the alarm stopped after 2 mins. Never rode it past idle. Went to the ramp to inspect for water, removed the seat and found steam and an odor of burnt plastic as well as a 1.5" Hole on the Resonator just aft of the Front Exhaust Hose, and water was pouring in from it. The exhaust temp sensor mounted on the muffler was also completely burnt up. (That's why the alarm stopped). There was coolant on the tank, at the proper level and was hot to the touch. I gave it 2 hours on the trailer to cool down, and ran it on a hose (Engine / Water / Engine) and the water was flowing out the exhaust along with the hole in the resonator. Not sure what would cause the Temp Sensor to burn up, as well as the water burning a hole in the resonator......any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Doing some more research I'm narrowing the issue down to the exhaust cooling system failing somewhere along the process. On the water, without running (floating) the water flows thru the hole in the water box. On the trailer (Running) with the hose water flows easily and out the exhaust with some water escaping thru the new hole in the resonator. This is a ski that has been sitting for years, and the only scenario I can come up with is the jet pump was initially blocked, got too hot melted the resonator and temp sensor but somehow cleared up when I removed it from the lake. I just want to narrow it down before i put in the replacement resonator ($$) and a new temp sensor..Thank You

Update: The entire exhaust system was corroded with Salt Deposits from the previous owner! Pulled it all apart and cleaned everything out and replaced the resonator with straight pipe, runs great and sounds a little meaner now with the straight pipe.

Common problem
Three holes on the exhaust pipe just behind clamp that attaches to the manifold block up causing a high temp which melts the resonator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back