07 155 GTI modified?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rog_i

I purchased a 07 RXT about 8 months ago, sold that and got a well looked after GTI as I am trying to keep maintenance costs down. Thing about this GTI that really got me was the ability to run with the RXT on the pull for first 100 feet and and even wholeshot the RXT with a rider that was 45 lbs lighter than the one on the RXT. Then I got to run with two RXPs that where not stock anymore. I could keep up with those as well. I will not say that I could run on top with them as our water is to choppy to run flat out. The RXPs had AM impellers and exhaust systems ( don't know what exactly but they where not stock ) The RXT ran from 0-60 in close to 3 seconds and hit a top end of 67 in a short distance! So it was definitely healthy in my opinion! I weigh in at 185, the riders on the RXP and and on the RXP are around 205/210. Two days ago the Sea was as flat as glass and I took my XLT 1200 and the 155 out for a run, the GTI out runs the XLT both on pull and on top end!! My XLT was doing 58.6 while the GTI just kept on pulling out from under me! I never got around to checking the top end on the GTi, it is a basic model and has no speedo. I also never got around to mounting the GPS from the yami on the day. My question is, looking at the specs for the top end on the yami and the acceleration performance figures of the 215s could this ski be modified and how will I know what they did or does this all seem normal given rider weights differ.
It really goes, its so much fun to ride, I ride mostly standups but this thing is just a blast....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally speaking, you can not get the 155 engine to act/respond like the 215/255/260 engine. The 155 takes off pretty well out of the hole. I own a GTX 155 and an RXT-X 255. Both take off well, but the RXT still has plenty of performance from 40 to 65 ish MPH.

I seriously doubt you have a modified 155 that cold respond like the 255. It would cost a fortune to do so. THOUSANDS of dollars..

Is it possible,,, yes. Is it likely, no. I have yet to see a 155 be that responsive.

Thats what puzzles me!! Anyway I will just keep on enjoying it. Will try find out from the previous owner if they did something to it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back