06 GTX4-tech wake edition starting problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kayden101

Currently having a problem with my 2006 PWC GTX wake edition.

Last summer it was running good. no problems. winterzied it, storaged in a garage, battery on a charger all winter.

Started to get the Ski ready and i put the battery in. charger said it was full and good.
I tried to make sure it woudl start in the garage before i took it out. and all i got was

BEEP BEEP Check engine Code P1502 after that i never got another beep, the ski never even tried to crank no clicks. i heard a noise around the engine everytime i would put in the key, but im assuming its the fuel pump turning on.

I know the P1502 means something about TOPS (being unside down) I have tried to unplug the TOPS sensor and it didnt make any difference. Any help would be great!

O and i know if this has anything to do with it, but there is a loose Vent hose around the airintake hose that im not sure where it goes.

Thanks

well an update. i jumped it off with my truck today just to make sure the battery wasnt part of the problem... turned out it was but not the whole problem.. now i can hear the starter click click click everytime i push the start/stop button.

I tapped on the started and it seems to crank and then i got it to start twice and it ran good. but i wont start but me not taping or touching something down there by the starter.

any help is apperecitated

1.If ever u try start the engin was turning?
2.if not u have to check if impeller is moving. Maybe after summer bearing lock because of rust.
3.TOPS , i know the way to go around this sensor , check all wires if is the power going to the sensor and power going out from the sensor when u connect a key to dess.
4.when u remove a spark plugs starter will have easy to crank engine , try few time crank engine with no sparks. If not u have to check starter or starter raley .
Are you sure your battery is good? Not just 12v good, but been load tested good? The starters on the 4tecs have proven to be very reliable, even though the starting system turns the motor over fairly slowly. The 4tecs have to have good battery power to start, or they will just go click, click.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back