04 gtx supercharged Bad Oil leak :(

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis that is it. I Pulled that bearing apart and found this inside. The seal is obviously blown out. I dont know if you can tell from this photo but it is bad. I am looking for a new seal so I can have a backup but it is hard without the exact measurements. Anyway the new stuff will be here tomorrow and I should be on the water tomorrow afternoon. Again thanks to everyone for all of your help. This was a difficult track for me and I really enjoyed the help.

Andy
Thanks for all the help to everyone. After taking that bearing out of the bellow, I found that there is alot of play in it. I am going to replace it as well. When I got the motor out I found remnants of what used to be pieces of an old drive shaft. I think they must have had work done, got it back from the shop, reallized it was leaking and decided to sell. As far as I can tell the bearing is the old one and appears damaged. Again thanks for the advice and direction, all of it is very appreciated
HI. Andrew
I am having similar problem with my 03 GTX 4TEC SC. Oil leak and can not find where is coming from, could you send me pictures or video of the play in the bearing. I have the motor out but not sure how to check the play on the shaft. Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back