03 Seadoo GTX SC RPMS

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vecomm101

Just wondering if anyone would know what could cause loss of about 200-300RPMs on the top end. When I put the boat in the water at the beginning of the year, it was doing around 7500-7600RPMs. Recently I have noticed a slight drop down to 7300-7400. Last night I took someone skiing and tubing. After the 15-30 min run, I took someone for a ride, and I could only get about 7200 RPMS out of it. This morning I took it out for a test run and could again get around 7500 rpms. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.

PS. When I summerized the unit this year, it would not start after 1 hour. I took it to the dealer, and the cleaned the fuel pump and changed the fuel filter. Since then it has been fine and Ive only put around 10 hours on it this year so far.

overheating engine, lack of fuel, slipping sc clutch, the need to replace spark plugs all can be possible causes.

Is it still giving trouble?

thanks

Thanks for the reply. I brought the boat back to the dealer Monday. They did a compression test, water test and SC clutch slip check and found nothing. Im thinking it could be bad gas. Im going to use the highest octane I can find and stick with it. I think you could be right on the overheating to. Just had it out on the lake after filling up with 91 octane and it seems fine so far.

Thanks again, ill report if problems crop up.

The plugs were also changed at the time of the fuel pump and filter screens, which was 20 hours ago (im at 104 hours), so I dont suspect them but it could be that too

For such few hours I wouldn't point the finger that quickly at fuel filters, but you are right, it could be.

Let us know if it happens again and have a great weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back