02 Islandia spark plug gap

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

alucard2391

Good evening everyone, quick question I misplaced my manual I need to replace all 6 of my spark plugs NGK BPZ8HS-10 and not sure if I even need to gap them. It is the merc 240 efi

Thanks

Your plugs are pre-gapped. The NGK BPZ8HS-10 is gapped -10, as in 1.0mm or .040 inch.

Be careful where you buy them-- price varies from $3.50 each to $15 each.

Tim,

Thanks for the reply and you are correct the gap size is .040 and was able to install all 6 without any issues and she ran great. My wife actually found the owners manual along with the mercury owners guide so Im covered now.

I actually got all 6 on ebay with shipping from NY for $30. I went to and auto parts place and they had them for almost 7 bucks a piece so $30 for all 6 was not bad I though. Again thanks for the reply

Do you know if you can use a different spark plug other than these?

I'm sure that there is an equivalent plug from other companies. BUT... NGK is the king when it come to 2-stroke. Not sure why... but that's just coming from 40 years of personal 2-stoke toys. (Dirt bikes, Boats, PWC, RC toys) Besides... the Merc engines... if running right... can go a long time on a set of plugs. Right now... I have at least 4 summers on one set, and twice... I've seen posts from people getting ready to do a rebuild, and there is still black paint on the plugs. (they were the original plugs after 10~14 years !!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back