01 Utopia 185 power loss

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lude

I'm new here and have a 01 Seadoo Utopia, so far only taken it out couple of times and it ran great. I wasn't on the boat when the problem started so I'm going to explain the best I can. The motor is a merc V6 210 the M2 for your info. For what I understand they pulled up to the sand bar pretty hard for what I hear, when they went to leave it started fine and sounded ok but as soon as they gave it throttle, it only would go to 4400 rpms or so. It sounded like it was misfiring, just not running right. Plus it has major power loss while this happened. Since we brought it home, I replaced the spark plugs, it starts and rev's, but it's stll not running right. Any help would be appreciated.

I checked the site this morning so went outside, it looks clean, no debris or damage that I can tell. I was browsing the forums and looks like another person had a similar problem. I'm adding the link here but could someone give more info about this? I was thinking a connection came loose. I really want to know what happened that hour, about them saying they didn't make a connection. Thank you.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=4081

2002 utopia cuts out at 3500+ RPM's

I have a seadoo utopia 205 sport boat equipped with a Mercury 250 optimax M2. It has 123 hours on it. At just under 4000 RPM's it cuts out, or misfires, but doesn't stall. If you throttle back it runs fine, up to about 10 MPH. I thought I had a spark of fuel system issue but I took it to the seadoo dealer where for 1500.00 they replace the impeller, impeller housing and the intake grate. I brought it back to the lake and had the same issue. Dropped it off at the seadoo dealer and within an hour it was fixed. They said they didn’t make a connection that caused this problem. Is there any connection at the impeller or impeller housing that would cause this behavior? If so, please elaborate, I either want to recreate on my own or challenge the dealers repair. (As a side note, I did run over a hat during a fourth of July parade once so I know if something gets caught in the impeller you can rev the boat to the max and only putt along but it never cutout / misfired.) Thank you for your help.

The response
It sounds like the shifter lever switch was stuck in the nuetral position. rev limeter was not alowing engine to turn higher rpms.

bump

I was wondering if the Seadoo Utopia's have a fuse or something to reset the the electronics?

update, I took the boat in and had the dealer plug it in and run a test. What they found is the switchbox(there term) is bad, they said the second one is week. They can get new switchbox for $339 + labor, does this sound about right and is this something easy I could do myself?

They said one was bad one was week so replaced both, they are located right next to each other, on the side of the motor near the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back