01 Challenger oil leak question??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ipb

HI All,
I have an 01 Challenger with the mercruiser in it. I have an oil leak issue. When looking down at the engine on the right hand side there are some breather lines next to fuel system. One ends in a t and this is where the oil is spurting out. Where does this plug in? I looked around for while and could see anything the looked unplugged, but there was a small nub of breather line about 1/2 inch very close by the is in the motor but not attached to anything else. I'm thinking maybe this tore somehow.

Anyone have this happen or know where I can get the schematic to trace all of the rubber lines?

Thanks!

Mercruser??? Seadoo never used that. Is it a sportjet? If so... what engine is it?

Before we can help... we need to know what you have.

If I assume you have a Merc sportjet of some kind... I will also assume:

1) It's the "T" fitting on the oil tank, and it's leaking. (it's a vaccum vent)

OR...

2) a hose has come lose from the oil purge system. (there are several T's in it)

Regardless... DO NOT run that engine until we can ID it, and help you. If it's the oil tank... you will starve it for oil. If it's the purge... you will have an air leak, and burn a piston.

Mercruser??? Seadoo never used that. Is it a sportjet? If so... what engine is it?

Before we can help... we need to know what you have.

If I assume you have a Merc sportjet of some kind... I will also assume:

1) It's the "T" fitting on the oil tank, and it's leaking. (it's a vaccum vent)

OR...

2) a hose has come lose from the oil purge system. (there are several T's in it)

Regardless... DO NOT run that engine until we can ID it, and help you. If it's the oil tank... you will starve it for oil. If it's the purge... you will have an air leak, and burn a piston.

Sorry I miss-typed, here is what I have:
Engine--Mercury M² Jet Drive

Type/Displacement--V6 / 2.5L

Horsepower--240 hp EFI

It's not on the oil tank itself, but one of the hoses located behind the vapor separator.

OK... thanks.

Add to your signature (where the boat is listed) 240efi. That way, we will know for future ref.

What you are describing is one of the purge hoses.

They are all connected together, or to a barb fitting on the engine. SO... if there is a "T" with a hose missing... I bet if you look around... you will see a hose hanging somewhere. OR... if it's a loose hose... there is a barb on the engine where it will connect.

Here's my engine (below) during the rebuild. I changed them over to tygon hoses, since the factory hoses were hard as a rock. But it will give you an idea of how/where they are connected.

Basically... there are little nooks-n-cranny's that the oil will pool in. That system of hoses will help draw it out, and keep it burnt off. BUT... with an open hose... it will cause an air leak... and an air leak can be death to a 2-stroke.

81.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back