‘11 Gti 130se vibration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

juice22197

Rode my 2011 gti 130 se last Sunday with no problems. Today my jetski had a weird vibration and tops out between 35-40 mph. When I rode it long enough it would eventually fluctuate between 35-45mph with an occasional reach to its top speed at 54mph. When it gains speed it kinda sounds like the engine when jumping waves kind of like it’s sucking air. I took it to a shop and he did a diagnostic which had no codes but the IBR that was replaced last year. He checked the spark plugs which were bad so he replaced those. Did a compression check that came back 151,152,154. Took it for a test ride still runs with a vibration and tops out between 35-40mph (not sure about RPMs) I brung it back and he checked the fuel injectors. All good. What could be the problem??? He thinks maybe bad gas (which I just put in this ski and the other) or the computer is bad.

Ps. I was not using the learners key, I tried it in sport mode same issue, I personally looked into the intake under the ski and the wear ring looked good I guess but no significant gap between the ring and impeller.

What you describe is exactly what a bad spark plug does. It will not reach top speed with a slight vibration but then will have short periods of full speed bursts but then cut out again. I know you changed plugs but I've seen brand new ones bad right out of the box. Is the vibration all the time or during heavy acceleration? Is it cavitating at all?

You could be on the right track. I checked the coil packs and was able to remove one without the engine shutting off whereas the other 2 made the ski shut off as soon as I removed it. I have 3 new ones to include 3 new spark plugs on order and will update once they come in.

switch the coil to other cylinders and do the same thing to see if it follows that coil pack and then do the same for spark plugs. pretty easy to track down the problem. if it is always the same cylinder regardless of coil pack or spark plug then that could mean bad connection in that coil circuit or injector circuit(can switch those too to verify) or possibly bad ECU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back