Xpdi air injectors

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpy

Hello, is there any way to test air injectors before buying new ones?
I cant start xpdi, I can see that fuel injectors are spraying fuel when engine is turning, but when conect air injectotrs, nothing happens.
Fuel pump is new, air compressor tested good.
Thanks

Just for fun take a cap full of gas oil mixture and pour in each cylinder, reinstall the plugs and try to start.
I have only heard of 1 air injector ever going bad.
Not really sure how you can see injectors spraying.

I tried to pour gas into cylinders, it fires instand and dies.
Compression is good both cylinders.
Air/fuel pressure is good.
I can gear clicking from fuel injectors, but from air injectors I cant hear anything.
Measured resistance and its good.
Can air injectors be completly clogged?
Or they should not click?
Thanks

I tried to pour gas into cylinders, it fires instand and dies.
Compression is good both cylinders.
Air/fuel pressure is good.
I can gear clicking from fuel injectors, but from air injectors I cant hear anything.
Measured resistance and its good.
Can air injectors be completly clogged?
Or they should not click?
Thanks
So when you manually add fuel, it runs? If so, maybe you should be looking at your fuel injectors. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge on it when you try to start the motor?

Ok tries to run with with gas in cylinders. You have a fuel delivery problem. You need to get a pressure gauge and check fuel pressure. Pressure should with lanyard installed should read 27psi. While cranking and during running pressure should be 107psi. There is very little margin for error on the fuel pressure.

I am confused about air injectors clicking. I have never heard an air injector click. I have however heard the rave valves cycle when you shut off the ski. Is that what you are hearing?
Is your new fuel pump aftermarket or OEM?
There are two injectors per cylinder. A fuel injector and an air injector. I have only heard of one air injector ever going bad, however fuel injectors need to be cleaned every so often.

Hello, I found the problem and yes both air injectors are dead.
I will put new ones, but Im not sure why they died, I dont want to broke new ones... what can cause this problem?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back