Xp 800 nozzle cutting?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt1350

Has anybody ever cut out the vertical flat piece in the center of a factory xp 800 steering nozzle? Just wondering what would happen if you cut it out and ground it smooth. Seems like it is an obstruction for the jet and would slightly restrict it. Any body experimented with this?

I never have, but later jet boats and later skis did not have it. Aftermarket nozzles don't have it either, cut away.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I don't think you will gain anything but worse steering the nozzle is to short to work well without. my personal preference is aftermarket reduction nozzle with stock steering nozzle.

i see no harm in cutting it and seeing if there is a difference, but to be honest, I don't think your going to see an improvement, I can't imagine its going to restrict enough of anything to make a dam bit of difference.

however...

if it doesn't pan out... you can replace the stock nozzles pretty cheap, (I was trying to sell an extra set on fleabay for a couple of months, quit trying after reducing the price to $6, just gave them away for the cost of shipping.)

I agree that I prefer the aftermarket reduction nozzles but when mine were put on we did other changes as well so I can't say from experience how much difference it really makes either.

Yea, I'm thinking if it hindered performance at all, Seadoo would have not kept it there..

BTW, thanks for that nozzle SPIMMYBOY!

I was not expecting much, but anything obstructing the jet seems like it would restrict it, even if it was just a tiny bit. I am going to give it a try. Like spimothy mentioned, I can get another one dirt cheap if it has a negative outcome. I just figured somebody on here had already done it so I thought I would ask about it. Thanks guys and any more opinions or experiences with nozzles is welcomed.

I would stick with it. Tried changing my nozzle to a later one that doesnt have the center and lost most of the steering feed back. You might find that you have to turn 3/4 in either direction to get it to want to fight you and recenter the bars. Felt weird on mine.

I think the center gives you more than removing it would give you in performance.

Oh and the later model's have a large cone pump and straightening guides in the cone that align the water well enough to make a plain nozzle work but really its still not as good or fun as the stock nozzle with the center in.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you really want to split hairs, I would file the leading edge of it to a sharp edge. But I can't imagine the effects would be noticeable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back