X4 Dash Decal Replacement How-To

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Raw material came in today, got the pieces cut and placed in envelopes.

They will ship out tomorrow.

I have enough material to make 3 or 4 more if anyone else is interested.

These turned out better than my original!

246.jpg

247.jpg

If anyone else wants one feel free to PM me or post in the thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck ya!!! That looks awesome man!!! Ready to get mine in and on the ski!

All, I put together an estimate as to what these would cost me to make.

Using genuine 3M Di-Noc carbon fiber vinyl I could sell these for 15$ each shipped to your door.

For those of you that have multiple skis or want multiple attempts at application, I would sell the first one for $15 and any additional for $12 each as I could ship them all in the same package.

As it stands now I will be hand tracing and cutting these as di-noc doesn't play well with vinyl cutters.

I would ship these trimmed and ready to install as in these pics.

167.jpg

Note you would need to use a hair dryer or heat gun to get it to flow into the choke area as I did.

I thought about including the interior cutouts in the piece , but if it is applied off center slightly they won't line up. It is really quite easy to apply and trim the holes once it is stuck to the hull.

168.jpg

This 3M di-noc is really top of the line stuff, it has the kind of "depth" you see in real carbon fiber. I have used it for a season in the sun and water and it still looks as good as the day I installed it.

169.jpg

Feel free to PM me if you want one and I will send you my PayPal address.

Thanks,

Chris

What is that little silver gage thing on the bottom right?

Yep, it's pretty much awesome!

3 more of these sold today.

Y'all let me know if you want one.

Im in for 3....love the high quality materials!

Yep, I actually upgraded the materials since I made the first one. The one I made first was with interior vinyl, the newest ones are made with exterior grade, a bit more expensive but awesome!

Also,

Keep in mind I make these by hand made to order so they don't ship out instantly. :)

LOL the way things are going I'll be lucky to be able to pull my machines home from storage in the next 4 weeks...theres enough ice on Tonka to drive on still!

Nick, I got yours made tonight, they will ship out tomorrow AM.

349.jpg

While I was cutting yours I decided to make an extra.

First person to PM me and let me know they want it can have it shipped as soon as payment is received.

350.jpg

Thanks to all!

Chris

Krispy this is awesome, I'm making one for mine tonight!! Great idea!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Krispy this is awesome, I'm making one for mine tonight!! Great idea!!

Cool man! Glad you like the idea! Be sure to use good material, standard vinyl doesn't like to flow into the choke hole like this stuff does.

If you want I can send you one tomorrow morning for $15, it will save you some trouble.

If you have any questions trouble let me know!

Hey Krispy. I want one of these but don't know your paypal name/address. It will be shipped across the state line to Alabama. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Kyle

Hey Krispy. I want one of these but don't know your paypal name/address. It will be shipped across the state line to Alabama. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Kyle

Sent you a PM!

Thanks

Krispy, do you think this stuff would work on the glove box lid of an RX? The one I have has a contoured dip in the middle but it's so faded it's an eye sore.

I've used a similar wrap on a honda civic interior before (and made my own phone cover with it) but I wasn't sure if it would work well on a lid. I guess if I hit it with the heat gun and stretched it well on the corners (easier said than done of course)

It should, the stuff is really flexible when you heat it. Post a pic of the area in question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Chris, any chance your still interested in making some more dash decals? I have a buddy who has been hounding me about mine! Says he's gotta have one, so I told him I would give you a shout... Here's a pic of mine with a little extra BRP logo... Turned out awesome I think
380.jpg

Sure Man, I can make another run of these. That sure looks sweet on your ski! I like the added BRP touch!

I have a personal project I need to cover with some of my remaining material, but I should have enough to make at least one more (perhaps a few more if there is interest)

Let me check how much material I have left, if some other folks want one let me know as I like to produce these in batches.

I'd be interested, how much are you asking again?

They are $15 shipped and 12$ for each additional (I can ship them all in the same package)

Send me a PM if you want one and I will put you second in line (material pending, Bnelson is first).

Hey Chris, any chance your still interested in making some more dash decals? I have a buddy who has been hounding me about mine! Says he's gotta have one, so I told him I would give you a shout... Here's a pic of mine with a little extra BRP logo... Turned out awesome I think
380.jpg

a quick shout out for this pic... looks awesome ! the hood and seat make a difference as well, I can see why your buddy wanted one.

you and your buddy need the aluminum switch's now to continue the bling :)

Thanks Spim! Ha I already have one of the sweet switches on there... CR had it on there when I picked up the ski from him! All I need now is a Triton billet gas cap and I'm done with the bling! And [MENTION=62923]Krispy[/MENTION], thanks on the BRP logo, think it pulled together nicely, and for sure I'm definitely down for one more of these, the quality is excellent! I'll send ya a PM here afterwhile and some cash! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back