FOR SALE WTB - Sea Doo HX - in Florida preferred - rough shape is fine!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mnm4ever

Hi all,

I realize this is a long shot, but I am looking to pick up another HX. I have one I completely restored, love it, and I have a crate full of absolutely perfect trim and parts for another one. I was hoping to find one to fix up for my daughter. Turns out I missed my window on finding them easily, and now I can't find any. The local shops around here laugh at me when I ask them if they know of any for sale. So if anyone has an old HX sitting around wondering what to do with it, I will take it off your hands. I am in the Tampa FL area, so closer would be better, but I am willing to work a deal from anywhere.

Second option - if you have an HX and are looking to restore it, I have everything cosmetic you could need... brand new seat, all new purple trim, brand new gauge pod, etc. I may part it out if I have no luck finding another HX, but I really want to build one up for her.

Michael

Hi Michael, I have a 95 HX that I will be restoring this winter, if all goes well with the engine which I’m sure it will I will need some trim parts. For sure the trim that covers the seat frame and extends up and around in between good and seat. This is my first reply on seadoo forum so let me know if I should be private messaging . Not sure if distance would be a problem, I’m in Ontario

No worries, this is my first post, so I don't know the etiquette either! Feel free to PM me for details, but basically I have everything that was purple on your ski in brand new perfect condition. I have an entire seat, including all the rubbery trim and frame and everything, complete, like new. rub rails, sponsons, nose bumper, gauge hood, etc. Pretty sure I even have the handlebar cover but I haven't looked at it all recently.

I am holding out hope to find another HX to build up, but if it doesn't work out for me, then I would be willing to sell you all the parts and ship to Ontario. I don't have a problem with the distance if you don't have a problem paying for the shipping! It won't be super cheap, but most all of this stuff is impossible to find, especially in such good shape.

Ok, sounds good then. We will wait and see if you pick up another HX and need some of your parts, which will give me time to be sure this HX of mine will be water ready. message me once you know what parts you want to get rid of. Also, I don’t know how to private message. There is 3 or 4 HX’s for sale on kijiji here in Ontario. Where are you from again?

Tampa, Florida area. Seems like they were more popular in Canada than in the US, I have always seen more for sale there. The one I have is from Canada actually... the original owner bought it new in 95 and basically never used it, just stored it in a climate controlled garage at a lake house up there. Then when he passed away, his daughter and son-in-law inherited it, brought it to Florida and promptly realized it was too hard to ride. They advertised it for sale here and I got it for a steal. It was like buying a brand new ski, except I had to have all the grey lines replaced and some other work done from it just sitting for 20+ yrs. Only problem was, I didn't like all the purple trim, so I spent a good $2k on NOS black trim and replaced it all. Which explains why I have all this perfect purple trim now.

I would buy one from Canada, but getting it to Florida is a challenge... no idea who to call or how much it would cost.

Wow, if I were you I would never get rid of that machine. I seen a similar deal, it was a Seadoo 3D which was advertised as only having used 2 tanks of oil. Think it was a 95 but not sure now. My daughters boyfriend is going to be the first to ride my HX as I’ve read that you will definitely end up in the water, but I am looking forward to trying it myself. It’s going to be a lot of fun. Yes, buying from this far away would have its logistics issues. I was told that some trucking companies will pick up and deliver that distance in the 400.00 range but then you are buying site unseen which is very scary in my opinion. Anyways, I will check back in with you after I get some work done it and am confident that it is going to be a good machine.

I am never selling it! I had one I got brand new in 96, and foolishly sold it a few years later when I wasn't using it much. I regretted it so much and they just got more and more rare. When I found this one for sale I jumped on it.

The 3D came out later, like 2005, and its a fun ride, but not as wild as the HX. The HX is more like a dirtbike for the water, and the 3D rides more like the XP since it uses the same hull. Much bigger and wider.

If you have never ridden an HX it can be a bit of a challenge to learn on. I only fell off once, but I am a smaller guy, its easier for me to balance on it. My wife rides it and has never fallen off, even at low speeds. Same with the kids, they didn't even hesitate to ride it and didn't fall at all, until they wanted to. Once you get used to it, everything else is boring to ride. My wife has an Ultra 150 that is very fast, but the handling just doesn't inspire confidence.

Back