WOT while hooked to the hose

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure... but you may wreck the engine and the carbon seals. Without a load... it will bounce of the rev limiter just opening the throttle a little. But to be serious... there's no reason to do it. Without a load... it won't tell you anything ether.

So... just to ask... why would you need to?

Having trouble getting it to go over 4k so I thought if we worked on it then it would be easier to check the progress in the driveway instead of always putting it back in the water to test it. I have to say I have owned this boat for about two weeks now and I’m already wanting to sell it. When I bought it I new I had to rebuild the top end on one of the engines and that wasn’t too bad but now something else is going on and there is a learning curve to these boats that I didn’t think I would have to learn all at once. Lol

Well..... ok... as above... it can quickly go past peak RPM's... and that's bad. BUT... if it's an electrical issue, like the neutral switch went bad... it will still try to hold it at 4000 rpm. But any other issues (mechanical or fuel related) reving on the trailer won't help diagnose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back