Woodruff/ flywheel key seadoo 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My two customers lined up are
GTX not charging
Rxp intake temp code

GTX is has suspected fuse contact damage as the fuse melted
RXP customer riding permanently with saltwater in bilge so I suspect a bad contact too

Alright guys. New problem during water test. Thing starts right up, isles fine, after letting motor warm up since it’s cold here in NY already and pinning it it revs all the way up like it should but feels almost like cavitation but I don’t think it’s cavitation. It never picks itself up after like 20mph. I can only get 37mph verified by gps on my hero 7 black GoPro. Takes probably 10 seconds from idle to 37. video is to large to upload. If anyone has some advice maybe private message me and I can send the video that way

When were the carbs last cleaned and rebuilt
Did you try a new set of spark plugs ?

Spark plugs are good to carry a set with you two stroke or 4 stroke a couple of minutes to change and saves the day most times or at least you can rule that out plus reading old plugs we’ll give you an idea of the problem

They are new plugs about a half hour before the original problem started. Old plugs were mint just had a good amount of time on them.(they were gapped properly) new plugs haven’t changed color yet. carbs were rebuilt mid season this year and was running mint for about ten hours before the original problem with the flywheel occurred. It’s only the oil pump cable that I could see being bad as it’s attached to the stator cover which I probably had a little stretched at times but it’s getting good oil I bled it by running it at idle and just holding it wide open.

Is it possible for a pump bearing to just go bad out of nowhere?(changed the pump oil mid season this year so relatively fresh.) or possible I sheared the driveshaft splines?

I would check the wear ring and yes the bearings can just go.
If you lost the driveshaft splines it really wouldn't go anywhere.

Thank you mikidymac. This poor xp has been plagued since the get go. Compression has stayed perfect the past year and a half but everything else has just about been replaced. I’m buying another 96 xp tomorrow morning that ran when parked but won’t start now so hopefully this experience going through the ignition system I can trace the problem fairly easily and if not it’s a good parts ski and I’ll swap pumps and see what happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back