wont start, need help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hd88sport

i have a 96 sea doo xp. motor will turn over fine with spark plugs out, when I put plugs back in, the motor will hardly turn over......Battery new, solenoid new, coil new.......Any ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
Battery

Could be loose or corroded connection on the battery cables. Or could be the battery. Kinda like when you have a bad connection on your car, the battery has enough power to run the radio but not start the car.

You could take the battery to an auto parts store and have them test it under load. If the battery is O.K. I would check the cables for corrosion, sometimes the corrosion could be where the wire connects to the terminal, like a bad solder joint.

Lou

Everything Lou said and then dig into the starter itself, sometimes the fix with electrical is simply finding a loose bolt and tightening it, cleaning corrosion and dip into vaseline helps slow the process. The elcheapo starters do not have a long lifespan, fix the one you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back