Won't go into forward

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunnerdog

Hey guys/gals i have a 2006 Speedster 200 Non supercharged, was out for the first run of the season, having a great ole time stop in the middle of the lake shift to neutral and go to give the girlfriend a turn in the seat. She pops it into forward hits the throttles and we start spinning circles in reverse. Get back to shore bucket won't lock in up position to engage to forward. cable is connected at the bucket and bucket is loose to move. Broken line or disconnected from lever? anybody got any experience in this or advice? is lever section easy to pull from boat?

you should be able to have your girlfriend actuate the shift lever back and forth while you take a good look at the buckets to see what they are doing. it possibly sounds like the latch is damaged or out of adjustment? i had a shift cable bend on me right out of the throttle quadrant. i was stuck in forward and no matter what i did with the lever, i couldn't get any other gear. i had to turn the motors off every time i wanted to stop.

Hey guys/gals i have a 2006 Speedster 200 Non supercharged, was out for the first run of the season, having a great ole time stop in the middle of the lake shift to neutral and go to give the girlfriend a turn in the seat. She pops it into forward hits the throttles and we start spinning circles in reverse. Get back to shore bucket won't lock in up position to engage to forward. cable is connected at the bucket and bucket is loose to move. Broken line or disconnected from lever? anybody got any experience in this or advice? is lever section easy to pull from boat?

We just had this issue on our 2006 Speedster 200 except ours was stuck in Forward and had just had our reverse cable replaced. Unfortunately when our mechanic replaced the cable he inspected the pin that attaches it to the reverse plate and saw no reason to replace it. Well is sheared and the cable dislodged into the well of the reverse plate locking the cable in Forward. Hope you found the problem and it was a cheap fit like ours!

On my old boat (Speedster 150), the screws holding the lever assembly to the hull were very frozen. I was able to remove them with some hassle by the usual means including drilling with a left-hand drill bit, which is what was most effective. Getting the cable through the hull was also a minor hassle involving some contortion.

We just had this issue on our 2006 Speedster 200 except ours was stuck in Forward and had just had our reverse cable replaced. Unfortunately when our mechanic replaced the cable he inspected the pin that attaches it to the reverse plate and saw no reason to replace it. Well is sheared and the cable dislodged into the well of the reverse plate locking the cable in Forward. Hope you found the problem and it was a cheap fit like ours!
Thanks! No luck yet as I can’t seem to free up the 4, 3.5 Allen key bolts under the shifter handle plate! Will update soon as my buddy is gonna come by and see what he can do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back