Winterizing through flush port

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

depami

Sorry if this has already been asked.
2007 RXP 215
Does the flush port feed the intercooler?
If one were to run the engine and feed two gallons of pink antifreeze into the flush port would the intercooler be protected from freezing?
Thanks in advance, Denny

Last edited:
Yes and yes, although per the service manual the 215 is suppose to be self draining and only requires 55 psi forced air to blow out any standing water. I use the pink stuff myself because I don’t have a decent air compressor at the cabin.

Last edited:
It has to be pressurized, not just gravity fed. Since it is back flushed using the port and is a T at the j-pipe, the IC is the last stop and without pressure it won't make it through the j-pipe, then exhaust manifold, then IC.

I used to gravity feed my 2005 RXT which has the inter-cooler in the engine until had a leak. I realized the lower tubes in the inter-cooler was not being flushed properly by gravity feed and were damaged by freezing..

Bought a cheap submersible sump pump to power flush the engine. I also blow out the inter-cooler with air to be safe.

Last edited:
I put two gallons of pink antifreeze in a pail with a sump pump connected to the flush port then started the engine, turned on the pump, and ran the engine until the pail was empty. Everything being expelled was pink. After the pail was empty I let the engine run a bit longer while spraying fogging oil in the port on the engine cover. I sprayed long enough to bog the engine as much as possible, then shut it off. Then I pulled the spark plugs and sprayed fogging oil in the cylinders, replaced the plugs, and cranked it over a few times in drown mode.

My only concern is that the sump pump adequately filled the intercooler with antifreeze.

Last edited:
I use a portable sump pump and run two gallons of the pink stuff through the system and then with the air compressor give it a bunch of short blast of air just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back