Winterizing a 2005 Seadoo Speedster Boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikedavidSR

My local authorized Bombardier dealer is backed up with work beyond reason (as is every other dealer in Alberta where I live). Likely it will be late October before I can get anyone to winterize my boat. According to the dealer all I have to worry about for the moment is a sudden change in the weather that drops the temperature below freezing for a couple of days. Unfortunately Alberta is famous for this kind of weather change. SO....looks like I'll have to at least drain the water from the engine system and put non-toxic antifreeze in on my own this year. The owner's manual is useless when it comes to providing instructions on this. Anyone have any experience doing this on their own that they can share. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks

P.S. my boat has twin supercharged Rotaxes.

Winterizing!

Mike, I see your a premium member and know you have access to all the manuals on this forum web site. The information your looking for is here, maybe you overlooked it. It's not that hard putting your ski up for the winter. I'd be happy to give you the step by step procedures to do this, but I'd be typing for a lot longer than my fingers will allow me too!....LOL

I've read the chapter to see that its complete. As a premium member, go to the manuals section. There are 4 volumes for your ski, choose volume 3. Go to section 1 subsection 3 and from there, you should be able to winterize your craft. It's probably a lot easier than you think. It goes through the process of fogging your cylinders, filling with antifreeze and a few other things like, removing your battery and storing in a fairly warm environment. What it probably doesn't tell you is that, if your ski is on a trailer, lower your tire pressure to about 10 pounds. This will keep the temperature changes from cracking your rubber..............

Welcome to sea doo forum and if there's anything else we can help you with, feel free to ask, that's what this community is all about.....:cool:

Thanks

I've been looking through the manuals but the manual for the 2005 Speedster has yet to be posted (I sent in a request). I am currently slogging through the 2002 manual which is posted. If I run into problems I will drop you a line/mayday. Thanks for helping a neophite (cars I am comfortable working on, but boats are new to me).

M2 Jet Drive Service Manual

I see lots of references in the 2001-2002 Speedster Shop Manual directing the reader to refer to the M2 Jet Drive Service Manual. However I don't see this manual posted. Is is listed under a different name by chance? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

M2 jet drive!

Mike, that doesn't apply to your boat. That is the type jet pump in the Mercury V-6 engine that is used in the sportser models, Utopia and other Sea-doos.
When looking at the manuals, notice that they will cover a broad range of jet skis and/or boats along with the 2 different engine manufactures. As far as I know, the only two in the Sea-doos are the Rotax and the Mercury. You said the year model your looking for in "manuals" wasn't available yet and you posted a request. He may have it posted before you read this note, he's pretty fast, but anyway, winterizing your boat is not year specific. If you look at winterizing in a manual that's a couple years older than yours and has either the same engine or same characteristics as yours, then the procedure is going to be the same.

Mike, you can also look in this thread for a post by one of our administrators, hfgreg. The name of the thread is "Winterizing and De-winterizing your boat". He goes over step by step of the standard process. This may save you some time in searching through the manuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back