Winter build? What to do...x4 951 or stand up ski with a 720 or 787 put in it?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha got one of those too except with ol skool fmf's. My brothers got the toomey t3 pipes on his. Not many better sounds than the sound of a piped banshee echoing in the woods

Pics and $$$ please

Its just a stock 155 pump that's been shaved, you will still need to shave the stock pump shoe a little and open it up a bit to match the inlet on the pump. Price...id do it for 50 you cover shipping.

Ill snap a pic tonight or tomorrow morning. I can send you pics of the pump shoe as well to show you how its been opened up a bit.

I'm working on having one or two possible people/shops fab up a stator cover w/787 mount locations as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mcycleski has been working on a front cover mount for me for a long time. I'm in no hurry so he has been trying to work on a way to retain the oil pump.

I am able to use the oil pump on mine. The little divet on top allows the cable room to injector. When i made that up i wasnt sure whether i wanted injection or pre mix. Then i decided just to premix.

Well that's good to hear. I've been a pre-mix guy traditionally but I'm starting to use injection now on my keepers.

Paul the #5 curve is like a 717 curve but it does help the 787's get from A to Z a little better. I'm sure it would pull fine on that 951 through the rpm range but your concern is where you end up at WOT. Guys that know those engines well say they detonate over 14 or 15 degrees(or something like that). Generally folks would use a MSD 4255 Enhanser in place of the CDI so you have the ability to adjust where the timing is at your top rpm as well as the curve and rev limit. Who put that #5 curve in for you? Just curious because there are not too many original programmers out there and I was wondering if the Can Doo is capable.

Sorry for the Hi-Jack. We should get a 951 swap thread going.

Where did you jet the carbs? With that white pipe I usually run 167.5's. The lows depend on whether or not the accel pump is disabled.

Im hoping i can run 93 octane without detonation. Will have to wait till next summer to find out as im in southern illinois and ski season is well over. If it does then other options are available. My original intentions were to have a completely stock looking 96xp along with working trim, gauges and dess. I talked to big bad bo dupriest about a year ago on it and he programmed me curve #5 in it along with raising rev limiter to 7500 with his racing programmer which i now believe is in someone elses hands. (Ahem). I called and talkedto you about a couple months ago matt, remember? I eliminated accelerator pumps and believe it is jetted 185 or 190 on low speed for a good starting point. Little fatter due to pro-k's also. Another trick i did was with the stock bilge pumps. Im running them and adapted 96 bailor tubes to 155 pump. I cut 96 tubes and tubes from gsxl. Removed the clear plastic tubes out of a spare nozzle, inserted those clear tubes inside of bailor tubes at pre determined distance and glued front section of 96 bailor tubes to rear section from 98 gsxl. Make sure distance is correct. Then just for funsies i jb welded where two sections come together just for safe measure. Boom fully functional stock bilge.

I didn't know we had talked. I'm always getting a lot of phone traffic and don't know where a lot of it comes from. Sounds like you have a solid plan let us know how it does next spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back