wich oil line to pinch? Doc

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

1800chall_tim

this is in relation to my other post about my rotary shaft or crank shaft seal leaking and filling my crank case w/ oil. (on my 787 rotax) Dr Honda, you said you had a boat a few years ago that did the same thing,which oil line did you pinch off? is it the line that runs to the side opposite the carbs? today i took my challenger on her maiden voyage this year, and wow what a rush! there was about 4-5 foot rolling waves on lake superior! i could perch up on a rolling wave and ride it for hundreds of feet, or jump from one to another! my 10 year old was holding on tight and said it was like a theme park ride.

i need a quick fix to this annoying problem, it was embarrasing to have to hold rags over the plug holes and pump out oil at the dock be for i can start the starboard engine. once i got the oil out, the boat ran great. it would have made a great video, to have been on such rough seas and just rip around like nobodies business!

Probably the line to the bottom right side of the engine. That is the feed in for the rotary shaft lubrication. Make sure to remove it before running the boat.

Mine was a ski... but same engines.

You need to pinch off 2 hoses. The feed hoses to the rotary valve. If you only pinch off one... then the vent will still allow the oil to dribble in. If you pinch off both... then a small amount will get in... but not enough to keep it from running.

The oil system only has 3 hoses... so it's the 2 that don't go to the injection pump. Clamp them as close to the engine as possible. (and that leave you enough room to get to them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back