Which Hull? - 91 XP vs 94 SP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRdO

Hey Folks,

I have four hulls and three motors....

Hulls:

-91 XP
-91 SP
-94 SP
-94 SP (parts ski)

Motors:

-587 white single carb
-587 yellow twin carb
-657x

Which engine should I put in what ski? Is there any advantage to the later hull? The 91' hull seems to be about 15lbs lighter than the 94'. I bet the 91' hull would really rip with the 657x.

The 94 hulls have sponsons, the 91 hulls don't. I was thinking I could swap the sponsons from a 94 hull to the the 91 xp along with the 657x motor and electronics...

Thoughts? Pumps are out of all hulls at the moment.... so I will pitch accordingly

I have heard the sp hull with a 720 is a hoot. Ridden a 90 xp with a 720 with factory pipe and 800 carbs? That was something else. My next project will be an sp with a 720.

91 sp or 94 sp? Is one hull better for top speed/acceleration, or handling?

I have both hulls, would love to build a ski for top speed and one for handling... I would think the earlier hull would have better top speed and acceleration due to weight differences but I'm no expert...

I personally would pick the 91. Because it would be sketchier at higher than originally designed speeds which could equate to more fun. Hehe!

I think the 94 would handle speed/track better, but neither are really designed to go that fast. The 91 is a bit lighter and would spin out more. I've always wanted to ride one with a 720. My buddy had a 95SP with the 587. It was slow and underpowered, but it was so easy to do 360's on it :) If you've never done it, just get on plane, build up some speed (top speed on 587) and cut the wheel. Hang on, as it'll try and throw you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back