Which has faster/better performance? Challenger 180 (250hp) or Challenger 210 (430hp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at both boats (2010-2012 models), coming from a 98 sportster 1800 (which felt fast to me).

Does the 210 annihilate the 180? I'm figuring it would at a whopping 430hp with twin engines. Yet now that I look, the 180 is over 1,000 lbs lighter.. which could add up. Power to weight ratio they add up similar, yet I figured someone could chime in with experience. I'm speaking more of flat out acceleration, general performance, feel, etc, and not so much just top speed.

180 vs 210
1,913 lbs vs 3,100 lbs
250hp vs 430hp

Thanks!

Take both boats out, and judge for yourself. Since you are looking at used... even a "Fast" boat can have issues, and be disappointing.

Oh I know that as much, I'm asking in general what others may know from experience. Assuming both boats are relatively equal in engine condition, etc.

I have a 215hp 180 Challenger. My friend has a 215hp 150 Speedster which is slightly faster than me and I weigh probably 600lbs more (and I had 4 people on my boat compared to just him...). His friends 255hp 150 Speedster feels WAY faster. We also have a friend with the 200 speedster with 2 255's and that thing is lightning. I'm not sure about the 430 but I would def. assume it's faster. I was anchored next to a 210 and it looked so much bigger than mine and I kinda wished I had it. However on acceleration I think the larger may be slower. My friends 215hp 150 speedster gets up and goes in half the time as it takes me. So...That's about all I got. Hope it can help with your decision some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a video of my 210 Challenger with twin 155 NA engines.

[video=youtube;mfJEbZesX3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfJEbZesX3c[/video]

Gets to top speed of about 46mph in about 13 seconds. I'm sure another 120HP would shave more than a few seconds off of that.

I have a 2010 Challenger 210 with 430... depending on water conditions I get up between 57-60
I haven't timed it but I'll try to post that info next week.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses!

I have a 2010 Challenger 210 with 430... depending on water conditions I get up between 57-60
I haven't timed it but I'll try to post that info next week.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Side random question, do you leave your rear center seat cushion in for the most part and just walk over? Or take out as needed.

Thanks for the responses!

Side random question, do you leave your rear center seat cushion in for the most part and just walk over? Or take out as needed.

I know this is for him but I have a rear center cushion too. I typically leave it in but when we anchor I take it off and put it up front so people aren't stepping on it.

I leave the center cushions out unless I have 5 or more people on the boat. No real need for them unless I need the seating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2011 180 255sc challenger and I think its pretty fast. I have had it at about 50mph with 3 people in it ,one of which was my 425lbs buddy. Its going to depend on how many people you are going to have in your boat.. In my mind i think you will get pretty close to the same results in both boats depending on how many people you are boating with.

Looking at both boats (2010-2012 models), coming from a 98 sportster 1800 (which felt fast to me).

Does the 210 annihilate the 180? I'm figuring it would at a whopping 430hp with twin engines. Yet now that I look, the 180 is over 1,000 lbs lighter.. which could add up. Power to weight ratio they add up similar, yet I figured someone could chime in with experience. I'm speaking more of flat out acceleration, general performance, feel, etc, and not so much just top speed.

180 vs 210
1,913 lbs vs 3,100 lbs
250hp vs 430hp

Thanks!

210 w/430 is faster by a good bit. my buddy used to have an early 180 w/215 always left him in the dust :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back