Where to ride North of Tampa, freshwater springs?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

semperfish

I am home for a few days before deploying and would like to take my wife on a jet ski ride on a river which leads to a freshwater spring where we could swim, anybody have a really awesome river, launch site, place to have a lunch and drink at a riverside restaurant/pub that you can dock to, and a favorite swimming hole where it is not idle the whole time? I was thinking Crystal River, Hommasassa River, Weeki Watchee area. not sure where the best river trip for a jet ski would be. Help me out, send some links, google map info to stammusmc@yahoo.com
If anyone wants to ride this Saturday, let us know.

Thanks

we may ride this weekend either at honeymoon island/caladesi island, -- thats north of clearwater beach, or at alaphia river, maybe go to beercan island, or something

we have a group riding the K river this sunday,
but i'd also be interested in info on the area (2 hours north of me)
where you can ski to a nice fresh water swim spot, i'm sure they exist, just don't know where...
fill us in !

damn, went to honeymoon island, 9:00 am, left ski on trailer, friend of mine pulled up on a boat, never took it off trailer, lol, was 83 degrees, just got back around 2:00 at at shepards on clearwater pass, wanted to run it for a while, havent in couple months really, just a short ride for bout 10 minutes after work in jan.

http://www.shephards.com/entertainment/tiki-bar/index.cfm

30.00 lunch for 2
damn

Last edited by a moderator:
Back